Schedules Direct Service Change November 1st

General talk about ARGUS TV
geoffstewart

Re: Schedules Direct Service Change November 1st

Post by geoffstewart » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:29 pm

twemperor wrote:
geoffstewart wrote:
Kavik00 wrote:Possible BUG.
If it's a bug, it has been there since day 1. The changes I made were strictly to the slightly changed WSDL and XSDs... in other words, I changed a bit of code that applies to the communication channel only. No business logic was changed.

That being said, it's possible that the backend service behaves a bit differently now that SD is hosting everything.

I have not seen what you're describing, though.

On another note, I'm developing a new plugin for ArgusTV that will use the new JSON service provided by SchedulesDirect. As an end-user, you might not see too much difference other than the following:

- Season and Episode information in the guide (SxxExx... no more enriching data!!!)
- Ability to update guide more efficiently for last minute changes (SD updates 4 times a day, 7 days a week)
- Line-up and channel selection are handled in the client instead of webpage... more work for me :(

I've only just started but I've got 8 of the 13 methods of the new API implemented... I then just need to add plugin GUI to work with the Guide Importer. I'll start another thread when I have something to share... hopefully soon.

Cheers.

Geoff
Any progress on the JSON version? Would you like some help?
I completed the plugin for argustv... It will not be easy after all to make it work with MP.

I have not started the MP plugin using json... Maybe on the horizon, though.

Geoff

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

geoffstewart

Re: Schedules Direct Service Change November 1st

Post by geoffstewart » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:00 am

haha.... I replied to this in tapatalk and thought this was a post in the MediaPortal forum...

Yes, the ArgusTV plugin is ready for testing... A couple of people have been using it successfully but more testing would help. I use it and it works for me.

Here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5543&hilit=JSON

The latest build is v1.3:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5543&hilit=JSON&start=40#p36795

Once I get enough testing, I'll try to put it into the make guideupdater code.

g