Mediaportal + Argus 2.3 - sleeping when not on home screen?

General talk about ARGUS TV
c128

Mediaportal + Argus 2.3 - sleeping when not on home screen?

Post by c128 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Anyone else seeing this with Argus 2.3 and the latest Mediaportal, or is it a peculiarity of my setup?

I have the "Only sleep on home screen" option selected in my client settings, as I've always had, but my Argus TV server seems to go to sleep when I'm on screens other than home.

c128

Re: Mediaportal + Argus 2.3 - sleeping when not on home scre

Post by c128 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:45 pm

No-one else seeing this?

Seeing it rather a lot of late...

It's not normally an issue, as I'm either watching TV live or recorded.
However...if I then listen to some music, or watch a video (longer than my Argus TV server's "go to sleep" period of 25 minutes) I find that the server has gone to sleep - I usually notice this when selecting Recorded TV or bringing up the guide after the "other" activity, as there's a massive slow-down in Mediaportal (both views eventually come up unpopulated).

The only workaround (using a remote) is to standby/resume my client so that the WOL packet gets sent again to wake-up the server. But I can't remember having this issue with pre-2.3 versions and earlier Mediaportal releases...

Can anyone confirm "Only sleep on home screen" working with 2.3 and Mediaportal 1.10.0?

c128

Re: Mediaportal + Argus 2.3 - sleeping when not on home scre

Post by c128 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:36 pm

Raised this in the Mediaportal plugin forum:

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5661

Still would be good to know if other folk could confirm that their server does/doesn't sleep with ATV2.3 and Mediaportal 1.10.0 when "Only sleep on home screen" is selected and they're doing other stuff in Mediaportal.