Comming from 4tr but get a lot of buffering

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
basrik

Comming from 4tr but get a lot of buffering

Post by basrik » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:02 pm

When i was using 4tr i had occasionally freezes. I upgraded to argus 2.0.1 and upgraded xbmc to beta and used the argus plugin.
Now my tv is freezing a lot?

Someone any idea?

Else i would have to go back to 4tr wich was acceptable.

Christoph21x

Re: Comming from 4tr but get a lot of buffering

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:19 am

Good evening basrik

You changed all three components at the same time? (We all usually do :) )
No stuttering here - but not with Frodo beta 1 (I couldn't really get it to properly run with the also new Argus PVR client.

You should look the LEAST at Argus to find the responsible - you're trying with Frodo a first beta and with the PVR client quite a quick response (thanks Red_F!) to the Argus move.

You may expect on a day-to-day basis amelioration.
If you want to stay on the edge of time - you should! - use:
- the latest nigthly of XBMC under http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/
- the latest Argus PVR Client under http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc/xbmcpvr.html
Please take a close look at the remarks on the latter site - the PVR add-ons need usually LATEST versions of the nightlies.
And remember - you're using a BETA of Frodo. As we could experience from Eden, this has usually the /DEBUG compiler switch on and as such has much more timing issues with real-time or streaming processing - this will be as of a sudden eliminated later.
Means: your system is with those betas right now quite "loaded".

Keep it up, get it run, it IS possible - and you'll be happy to experience buffering and timeshift with the newest versions under XBMC.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)