Card Reader

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Bizzy

Card Reader

Post by Bizzy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi,

I'm new here and have some questions/need some help.
My HTPC (Windows7) consists of two Mystique CaBiX-C2, DVB-C Tuners. Because these tuners do not have a build-in card reader I use a workaround with a Dreambox DM500C which acts as a card reader and DVBLink TVsource for the communication between Dreambox and TV-cards.

Can I just install as mentiond in the Wiki or should I pay attention to certain part of the installation?
Or even will this work at all?

Best Regards,

Rob

Benoire

Re: Card Reader

Post by Benoire » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Bizzy,

I presume on the dream box you're using the DVBLogic plugin aren't you? If so, you'll have to install some form of card server such as OSCam or other Linux based card server. Then you need to enable 'MDAPI' support in Argus Recorder and set your cam limits to something above 1. You'll also need Mdapi Fall v3 or Mdapi_plus installed as well on the machine with the cards. Once installed, Argus will create various plugin folders in the Argus Recorder directory called MDPlugins, each with a unique name which matches the tuner it is tied to. In there you need to place ACAMD and some other files that are setup to access the card server.

It might seem quite a lot of information to start with but the hardest thing will be setting up the dream box as a card server which could involve a custom image.

the other way is to purchase an Omnikey 3121 card reader for your PC and run OSCam for windows and do it all on the Win7 machine.

Chris

Bizzy

Post by Bizzy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the help. On the Dreambox there is a PLI image (not original software) which contains several CAM's I forgot which one I'm using at the moment I Guess NewCamd (have to look into that). The guy who sold me the cards and the Dreambox helped me to configure it. On the HTPC Indeed I'm running DVBLink TVsource from DVBLogic.

It is a lot of info for me and it will take some time fo me to get this running. My wife uses the HTPC every day so the change has to made quickly. Also August/September we will get Glassfiber internet with an additional undecrypted DVB-C signal (no HD :-(() Then I have another way to go: IPTV..... Its hard to make a good decision about which way to go and when... Maybe also good to wait until the final release of Frodo. But I will go to XBMC.

Rob

Stanly

Post by Stanly » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Can you advise me where to download OSCam server for HTPC ? (OS Win7)

Benoire

Post by Benoire » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 am

Stanly wrote:Can you advise me where to download OSCam server for HTPC ? (OS Win7)
Here you go: http://tekreaders.com/blog/oscam/oscam-windows/