Argus-TV 2.3 RC Helpers Thread

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Christoph21x

Re: Argus-TV 2.3 RC Helpers Thread

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 am

luetty wrote: If the sheduler Wakes up the Recorder, who is the one that holds the Recorder Keep alive, while recording is running?
Hi luetty, can´t reply directly to your question, but that´s the reason I use Lights-Out. The scheduler entries of Argus2Lightsout will keep the server up during the recording
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

karlcloudy

Post by karlcloudy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Is there any way to skip the VC++ 2013 check in the installer? For some reason it thinks I don't have it installed when I do (and thus tries to install it, which results in nothing happening and no ability to move forward in the installation, even if I let it do its thing and reboot). I assume this is due to me running Windows Server 2012 R2 on this machine (which is currently running ARGUS TV 2.2.2 fine and had no issues with that installation).

EDIT: Never mind - apparently having the RDS role interfered with the detection of VC++, because I tried to reinstall 2.2.2 and it didn't work either, then after removing the RDS role, now 2.3 is working :shock:

luetty

Post by luetty » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:20 pm

Christoph21x wrote:
luetty wrote: If the sheduler Wakes up the Recorder, who is the one that holds the Recorder Keep alive, while recording is running?
Hi luetty, can´t reply directly to your question, but that´s the reason I use Lights-Out. The scheduler entries of Argus2Lightsout will keep the server up during the recording
Hey Chris,
thanks for your hint. I'm using ATV2LO today too, because my tvserver is "physical standalone" and sleep most of the day. :)
My idea was that the sheduler, maybe(!!) Keep the needed Recorders alive.
The benefit @ATV2.3, for me, is - that i "loose" the manual ugly "send WOL-APP" from Smartphone or tablet before i can access the webif. Starting v2.3, the webif is available 24/7 and a shedule of a program starting the next "seconds" should go smarter. :D
I also like to migrate to MySql and maybe, in the future save the recordings to a ServerShare, so the "tvserver" just Needs to run on livetv or recordingrequest.

We will see, what's going on ;)

Thanks!

Topper

Post by Topper » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:27 am

Hello,

my XBMC cant establish a connection / stream to argus tv.
The import of the channels and EPG data works fine but when i select a channel XBMC only shows me "working..." and nothing happens.
In argus tv scheduler console live tv with vlc is working.
I use Win 8 / XBMC 13.2 RC1 / ArgusTV 2.3 RC.
I had this problem with argus tv with v. 2.2.2 too and i switched temporarily to dvbviewer but i want to use argus tv again.
Under administration --> Recorders i have this entry: net.tcp://localhost:49850/RecorderTunerService
Test shares gives the message "Server failed to connect to Argus", what is this for an entry? Is this important?

Any ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you...!

EDIT:
I redifined my shares for record and timeshifting and now argus tv is working in XBMC. Strange, i checked my shares multiple times and always the UNC share was green. OK, it doesnt matter, now it is working, thank you...

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:43 am

Hi Topper

When trouble-shooting Live TV problems, it is recommended, first to check live TV function within Argus Scheduler Console --> Live TV, that´ll exclude potential issues with the xbmc PVR installation.

The Recorder string is important, yes, it´s cruxial. It shows Argus Scheduler (¨the core¨), where to find the recorder.
The string that you posted should be the one with Argus 2.2.2 (but not only tcb, but net tcp). If you have this within Argus 2.3 as this, it won´t work, the protocol has changed from net tcp to https. So if you still have this string, delete this recorder and add an new Argus recorder and configure it under Argus 2.3. It then will add the recorder with the correct https protocol.
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sand

Post by sand » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:19 am

Reinstalled Argus today (didn't use it for some time).

When I try to import missing recordings (select all of them)
after clicking next no error is shown but recordings are not imported.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:21 am

sand wrote:Reinstalled Argus today (didn't use it for some time).

When I try to import missing recordings (select all of them)
after clicking next no error is shown but recordings are not imported.
Hi sand
Is it a kind of date error (out of range)? Then this is a found issue on RC 2.3.
Did it really import all shows or just left out the claimed ones?

sand

Post by sand » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:07 pm

It doesn't give any error message.
Just finishes process but shows aren't imported (not any of them).

If you need additional info please advise how to collect.

If it will help I can repeat installation.

Step by step:
Go to menu Recordings->Recoded programs
Click Import/Synchronize...

Show are listed, Click Select all, all show are checked and "Import 39 recordings" label is shown.
Click finish, console waits for second or two, but shows aren't imported.

sand

Post by sand » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:07 pm

I found some errors in log for Import Recordings:

Code: Select all

2014-08-22 12:02:57.1527 [Error][11]: REST POST /Control/ImportNewRecording
error: 
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: JSON syntax error.
   at Nancy.Json.JsonDeserializer.Deserialize(TextReader input)
   at Nancy.Json.JavaScriptSerializer.Deserialize[T](String input)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Nancy.ModelBinding.DefaultBodyDeserializers.JsonBodyDeserializer.Deserialize(String contentType, Stream bodyStream, BindingContext context)
   at Nancy.ModelBinding.DefaultBinder.Bind(NancyContext context, Type modelType, Object instance, BindingConfig configuration, String[] blackList)
   at Nancy.ModelBinding.DynamicModelBinderAdapter.TryConvert(ConvertBinder binder, Object& result)
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object )
   at ArgusTV.ServiceImplementation.ControlModule.<.ctor>b__a1(Object p)
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Func`2 , Object )
   at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

raki

Post by raki » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi,

when I try to install 2.3 RC (on a fresh windows installation) I get the following error (after the step where you have to specify the webserver port):

---------------------------
ARGUS TV 2.3 RC Setup
UltiDev Web Server Pro failed to install.
OK

Any idea?