Argus-TV 2.3 RC Helpers Thread

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
karl10247

Re: Argus-TV 2.3 RC Helpers Thread

Post by karl10247 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Christoph21x wrote:This post is used to collect some hints.
  • If your Notifier icon shows ¨no connection¨ after install of Argus 2.3 RC:
    To fix this, right click on the notifier icon, select options and fill in the user name and password boxes. (thanks, dl144)
What actually is the user name and password that i put in here? Is it the web access one i set during install? Tried everthing...... :cry:

karl10247

Post by karl10247 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:05 pm

Anyone out there?

luetty

Post by luetty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 am

Hi,

yes it is the username/password you've Setup on install.
Also check the Firewall on Server side.

kloges

Post by kloges » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:26 pm

HI guys,

has anyone an idea what could the error message below when i try to install/upgrade argus to rc2 ?

i just try to install/update 2.3 RC2 but it failed at the point where i have to define the connection to Mysql DB with the Error Message "Die Eingabezeichenfolge hat das falsche Format"
When i enter a wrong password then i get the message that the authentication failed.
An ideas ?

Regards,
Knud Loges

sand

Post by sand » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 am

EPG in Argus is visible only for 3 out of 40 channels although in Mediaportal EPG is visible for all channels (mpextended). Didn't have this problem before.

Only change (from previous setup) I can think of is that I'm importing only one group in Argus (DVB-T).

Anyone else has similar problem ?

Christoph21x

Guide Enricher now compatible to RC 2.3

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:21 pm

Dear All

Very good news: The Guide Enricher has been made compatible to Argus 2.3 - please see
- post#2 of this thread: viewtopic.php?p=34106#p34106
- and Guide Enricher's post: viewtopic.php?p=34676#p34676

Huge thanks to ChrisRichner & Malyngo - and sjeffreys, of course, the father of it all.

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

jimmyhart

Post by jimmyhart » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm a little confused about the sqlite conversion and use. I've just installed 2.3RC and selected to not remove the recorder data during uninstall of the previous version. During install it asked for SQL Server or Mysql, I selected the former as that's what I had previously. Everything has gone smoothly and it appears to be working, but I assume it's still using SQL Server and not sqlite?

Would it have converted the files into sqlite format, but I now need to install sqlite and manually change the software to use that?

Also, what is the Batch Process Command tool for?

jtlarson

Post by jtlarson » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.2.2 to the 2.3 RC but I'm having trouble reconnecting my Mediaportal remote recorders.

The error I get in Scheduler.log looks like this:

Code: Select all

2014-09-23 07:16:23.9374 [Error][9]: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 172.28.153.23:49842
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetResponseCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.Utility.RestProxyBase.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
2014-09-23 07:16:23.9374 [Warn ][35]: Failed to connect to Recorder at 'http://MMS-CAPTUREL201.law.washington.edu:49842/ArgusTV/Recorder', error: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ApplicationException: An unexpected error occured.
   at ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.Utility.RestProxyBase.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.Utility.RestProxyBase.<ExecuteAsync>d__6`1.MoveNext()
   at ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.RecorderProxy.<Ping>d__1a.MoveNext()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   at ArgusTV.Business.Control.RecorderTuners.RecordersManager.(Boolean )
---> (Inner Exception #0) System.ApplicationException: An unexpected error occured.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
   at ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.Utility.RestProxyBase.<ExecuteAsync>d__6`1.MoveNext()
   at ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.RecorderProxy.<Ping>d__1a.MoveNext()<---
It looks to me like the scheduler service cant connect to the Argus plugin in Mediaportal, but I can't figure out why.

I've triple-checked my firewall, tried re-adding channels in Argus Scheduler, breaking and re-associating tuners in Argus Mediaportal plugin.

Can anyone help? What ports should be set in the Argus Mediaportal plugin? --I'm using 49943 to connect to the server, and 49842 for the "recorder plugin TCP port". Are those correct?

jtlarson

Post by jtlarson » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:24 pm

So I figured out a partial solution to my issues above, and a couple bugs--one of them is a show-stopper for me:

Serious bug: If ArgusScheduler gets busy with anything,--such as issues contacting a remote recorder with the wrong address, it gets 'hung up' on retrying the broken connection--dropping connections to other recorders in the process.

Lesser bug: On upgrading from Argus 2.2.2 to 2.3 my old Mediaportal recorder connections were converted to the newer HTTP connections, but the path to the recording servers were wrong--every recorder with the old path format

net.tcp://myserver.mydomain.local:49842/RecorderTunerService
had the server FQDN and port mangled so that the previous example would become

http://myserver./ArgusTV/Recorder
. This caused the Scheduler service to try to connect to the Mediaportal services on port 80, instead of 49842.

That second error also got my Argus server into a 'cycle' of broken links to recorders -> missed recordings -> more dropped connections to recorders (even after their links were corrected). I wasn't able to get the system working at all till I disabled all the upcoming schedules and all but 1 remote recorder, then enable the recorders again slowly 1 at a time.

I have a lot of doubts about the 2.3RC readiness-- even now that I have all my tuners working via live view, I can't make any successful recordings--it continues to drop remote recorders without cause or warning--usually after less than 2 minutes of recording a show. And as I mentioned above, one dropped recorder can cause it to drop connections to all the rest--cancelling all their recordings.

pantner

Post by pantner » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 am

I am having a problem with 2.3RC.
I can no longer record using the Argus TV Server from the Scheduler.
When I schedule something I get a little exclamation mark saying "No tuner found". If I go into LiveTV it says the same.
If I go into the Recorder then I am able to set a manual recording, and it works fine. I can even see the EPG grabs happening.
Argus TV Server is added as the only "recorder" in scheduler and ping/test share is fine.

I upgraded to 2.3RC to work with Media Portal. It is installed on the same machine, but Argus and Media Portal talk to different TV Cards, and I have stopped the Media Portal Server, the problem still exists.

It seems that Scheduler isn't talking to Recorder properly, but according to all the tests it is...
The computer has been rebooted, and I have also stopped/started the Argus services multiple times.

Any ideas what this could be?