• De-Installation of ArgusTV
  • Remove folder C:\ProgramData\ARGUS TV completely
  • Removed ArgusTV database with SQL Server Management Studio
  • Re-Installation of ArgusTV
  • Complete Re-Scan
And still the same error massage:
  • Disk 100% full
  • No card found to record program
  • No tuner was able to start the live stream.
Any other recommendations? (A complete new setup of my Windows System is not an option)

Although I chose the "Yes - remove ArgusTV completely" via the deinstallation, ArgusTV does not remove everything! The above folder and the database are still available. Not sure whether this is a bug or a feature.

andrewNZ

Re: No card found to record program

Post by andrewNZ » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:38 pm

It seems you have a basic problem with your shares, or a firewall or antivirus is interfering.

100% full is a good indication that ARGUS TV can't access your folder via the share.

Have you shared the folder using a different name perhaps?
A folder can be shared with any name.
Open windows explorer browse the network to your machine and check the folder name
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:39 pm

Does this machine have a network connection? It will not work without one
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Baserunner

Post by Baserunner » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks for your reply.
andrewNZ wrote:It seems you have a basic problem with your shares, or a firewall or antivirus is interfering.
Switched off Firewall completely. De-activated Antivir. Same behaviour
andrewNZ wrote:100% full is a good indication that ARGUS TV can't access your folder via the share.
ArgusTV3.PNG
ArgusTV3.PNG (35.46 KiB) Viewed 13255 times
See screenshot. Share is accessible (write/read) for everyone. ArgusTV Recorder can access it if I use Recorder-Console->Tuner Cards->Status->Record
(Re)Check Share returns a green window. What else can I check?
andrewNZ wrote:Have you shared the folder using a different name perhaps?
A folder can be shared with any name.
What do you mean?
andrewNZ wrote:Open windows explorer browse the network to your machine and check the folder name
Copying \\SSTWIN864BIT\ArgusTV2 and paste it into the address window of the file explorer opens the the folder as expected
andrewNZ wrote:Does this machine have a network connection? It will not work without one
Yes, the machine has working network connection.

syrakarn

Post by syrakarn » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:06 am

Solved the same issue by editing the user that runs the services to a admin user account. Hope it solves your case aswell!

Baserunner

Post by Baserunner » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:53 pm

Thanks for your reply. I am installing Argus TV with my user user name which is an administrator user. Not sure how to figure out under which user the services are running. How can I map a service to specific account?

Baserunner

Post by Baserunner » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:32 pm

Dear All,

what it the best possibility to debug this?
Can I start the services in debug mode?
Can someone recommend something?
Any ideas?

Used Argus TV quite a while without any problems. 100% sure it works if I would do a complete re-install of the complete system.

All answers are appreciated.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Baserunner

One additional check: you opened the share without problem, but do you (and SYSTEM user) have full access? (You didn't mention that)
--> I recommend for timeshift and recording folders that you set the full rights (at least: read, write, change, delete, create) to "everyone" in its (and subfolders') properties.

If this doesn't change your situation (or is already the case), I would now go back to the roots, checking the recorder(s) first.
I would do the following procedure first for a single channel only, from top to bottom until you can live stream with VLC out of the scheduler with it - then you treat the remaining chans:

Recorder:
- Which one do you use? MP or Argus?
- Are the cards present?
- If so, are you able to scan?
- If you use Argus Recorder: If so, are the Services connected with the channels (or maybe your channel entries just com from XMLTV import)?
- If you use MP TV Server: are you able to see a live thumbnail within the TV Server Configuration?
- Argus Recorder: Check, if per channel, you have multiple channel (scan) entries - select the most recent scan in the upper right dropdown)? Maybe delete it from service binding and select another.
- MP Server: are the channels present & selected withing the Argus Plugin/Add-on? There may also be similar (duplicate) entries and you might have picked a wrong one?

Scheduler:
- If so, do you find the channels in the channels list?
- Under "live TV", are they greyed or black?
- If grey - recheck channels. maybe you have duplicate channel entries and selected the wrong one? (Maybe from XMLTV import, as they're auto-added as channels as well, if not present with exactly the same naming)
- If you get at least one black, try to live stream using VLC out of the schedulers section "live TV"

... good luck!

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Baserunner

Post by Baserunner » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:59 pm

Many many thanks for your help - but still no success.
Christoph21x wrote:Hi Baserunner

One additional check: you opened the share without problem, but do you (and SYSTEM user) have full access? (You didn't mention that)
--> I recommend for timeshift and recording folders that you set the full rights (at least: read, write, change, delete, create) to "everyone" in its (and subfolders') properties.
Yes, Everyone has full access, subfolder tick is set, SYSTEM has full access (read and write) as well
Christoph21x wrote: If this doesn't change your situation (or is already the case), I would now go back to the roots, checking the recorder(s) first.
I would do the following procedure first for a single channel only, from top to bottom until you can live stream with VLC out of the scheduler with it - then you treat the remaining chans:

Recorder:
- Which one do you use? MP or Argus?
Argus
Christoph21x wrote: - Are the cards present?
- If so, are you able to scan?
- Yes
- Yes - recording from the Recorder Console works (see above)
Christoph21x wrote: - If you use Argus Recorder: If so, are the Services connected with the channels (or maybe your channel entries just com from XMLTV import)?
- Think so - do you mean this?
ArgusTV4.PNG
ArgusTV4.PNG (4.96 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
Christoph21x wrote: - Argus Recorder: Check, if per channel, you have multiple channel (scan) entries - select the most recent scan in the upper right dropdown)? Maybe delete it from service binding and select another.
I just run for that test a scan for one single transponder ... everything seems to be fine. Those 4 entries are the only ones.
ArgusTV6.PNG
ArgusTV6.PNG (6.66 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
Christoph21x wrote: Scheduler:
- If so, do you find the channels in the channels list?
- Under "live TV", are they greyed or black?
- If grey - recheck channels. maybe you have duplicate channel entries and selected the wrong one? (Maybe from XMLTV import, as they're auto-added as channels as well, if not present with exactly the same naming)
- If you get at least one black, try to live stream using VLC out of the schedulers section "live TV"
All channels are black
Live stream using VLC brings the errors described.
ArgusTV5.PNG
ArgusTV5.PNG (18.9 KiB) Viewed 13107 times
I can reproduce this error in the Recorder.log:

Code: Select all

2015-01-11 17:35:21.1036 [Error][13]: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: Die Verbindung mit dem Remoteserver kann nicht hergestellt werden. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Es konnte keine Verbindung hergestellt werden, da der Zielcomputer die Verbindung verweigerte 127.0.0.1:12970
   bei System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   bei System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
   bei System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bei ArgusTV.Common.Recorders.Utility.RestProxyBase.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d__b.MoveNext()
2015-01-11 17:35:21.1036 [Error][Recorder]: ARGUS TV - Initialization error: Mindestens ein Fehler ist aufgetreten
when I
1) Stop ArgusTVScheduler
2) Re-start ArgusTVScheduler

After starting it I get this entry. Has anyone an idea who wants to access 127.0.0.1:12970 and why? What should run??
A netstat -ano shows that nothing on my system listens to that port ... so the error message does not surprise me ...

Many thanks in advance

syrakarn

Post by syrakarn » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:08 am

Baserunner wrote:Thanks for your reply. I am installing Argus TV with my user user name which is an administrator user. Not sure how to figure out under which user the services are running. How can I map a service to specific account?
Well, your problem is exactly like mine so, to edit the user that starts the service you have to go to:
Controlpanel, Administrative tools, Services...Find Argustv and other related services and select properties. Then click the "Log on" tab. Instead of "local service", tick "This account" and edit it to a administrative user and passsword.

Im sure this is a bug of some sort that can be solved via other methods, but i've tried edit rights on shares and so on, and still havent found a solution that works properly.
I think my system stopped working after doing a upgrade of the argustv version. Somehow the rights to access things using local services got screwed up.
Im happy with argustv having admin rights, i trust it to handle it with care :-)