Questions on XMLTV integration.

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
tripkip

Questions on XMLTV integration.

Post by tripkip » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:57 am

When I initially setup Argus TV I copied all services to channels and imported EPG + include in EPG.
I now know that I don't want that, I want to remove all channels again and use a third party source for the EPG: rytec.
I'm only interested in Rytec Benelux and Rytec UK.
My head is filled with questions and it's hard to see light at the end of the tunnel :P
  1. Does the Rytec channel list include the updated tuning information when some channel's tuning property changes?
  2. Can the Rytec channel list be used to update the channel list in Argus?
  3. If yes, how/guide?, how can I filter the list of channels?
  4. Are there any scripts available to import the EPG from Rytec?
  5. What do you do to import EPG from multiple countries (all from Rytec)? Import on after another and Argus takes care of the rest?
  6. Is there a source/script to import the logo's automatically for all channels in Argus?
  7. After the import do you have to manually map a channel in Argus with a guide channel?
Last edited by tripkip on Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tripkip

Re: XMLTV from rytec on windows? Any scripts available? Logo

Post by tripkip » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm

I think I should go with WG+ to fill the EPG together with the ARGUS-TV-GuideEnhancer tool.
So that should cover my questions 4 and 5.
I'd like to know if there is a textual config file available from Argus where I can read out all my stored channels. I'd like to adapt the following script so that all logos from my Argus' channels are being downloaded automatically and put in '%AllUsersProfile%\ARGUS TV\Channel Logos\': https://github.com/labodiattila/vdrlogo ... nloader.py. Unless of course some of you has such a script setup for Argus TV already and would be willing to share it ;) .