Setting up ACamd, MDAPI Plus and Argus

Installing and setting up ARGUS TV
Pinch

Setting up ACamd, MDAPI Plus and Argus

Post by Pinch » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi all, sorry for this being my first post - I'm usually a lurker but for once I'm just completely stuck and have to ask for help:

I've been using Media Portal TV Server + XBMC/Kodi client with FTA channels for years. At the time I set this up, MP was they way to go, but I've always been interested in Argus. Since the lack of scrambled channels have become a problem, I've decided to make the switch.

I've been at this for literally two days, but seem to get absolutely nowhere.
Using a HDHomerun with a Smargo V2 (COM3).

What I've done so far :
1. Install Argus, enable one tuner (even though the HDHmomerun has two), CAM limit 1, enable MDAPI. Can tune FTA channels without issues.

2. Install MDAPI Plus (default settings, no plugins installed during initial setup).

3. Copy ACamd 620 files to \Recorder\MDPlugin\Card1_1.

When checking the MDAPI Plus GUI after doing the above, only two apps have been registered (Recorder and Cardhost), nothing else.

If I try to tune a scrambled channel in Argus, the "DVB" icon shows in the taskbar for a few seconds, disappears and Argus will report "Failed to tune channel". If I try to tune the same channel again, the icon won't show in the taskbar and Argus will again report Failed.

Checking the MDAPI Plus GUI after this, it seems to have registered the plugin (although it's displayed in italics(?)).

What baffles me is that the DVB icon will only show the very first time the plugin is used (ie. if I remove the plugin in MDAPI Plus and reinstall it, what I described above can be repeated).

I'm stuck because of this inconsistency. Can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

On another note: If Media Portal is installed, MDAPI Plus will display the installed cards in the Cards tab for the MP app. Choosing the Recorder or Cardshare app, no cards are displayed - is this an issue?

Stanly

Re: Setting up ACamd, MDAPI Plus and Argus

Post by Stanly » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi

In Step 3 you should copy ACamd 620 files to C:\ProgramData\MDAPI_Plus\MDPlugins instead of \Recorder\MDPlugin\Card1_1

Good Luck