OpenTV support (again and sorry!)

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
Benoire

OpenTV support (again and sorry!)

Post by Benoire » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:10 am

Hey Dot-I

Stuck record perhaps?! I've just been told that the TBS drivers have a fault with detecting whether a card is currently in use by another program. What this has meant is that every time I do an XMLTV import, if TV is recording or being watched it kills the stream as it can't detect which card is in use and steals them all.

Since it appears that you might be open sourcing parts of the program, is there any chance you can add OpenTV support? This would also allow the LCN collection from all the Sky systems in the world :-) As mentioned before, EPG Collector source code is available and as such you can probably determine how to use it far better than I would ever be able to. EPG issues are my main bug bear with this system and annoys the partner too as program descriptions repeat by DVB-EPG or the programs aren't correct due to the TBS driver issue.

Many thanks!

chris

cybersheep

Re: OpenTV support (again and sorry!)

Post by cybersheep » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:10 pm

+1 for Open TV support :-)

thekiwi

Post by thekiwi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:14 am

Why not just set your EPG Collector to collect at "some unearthly hour" when you very rarely record anything.
I have mine set to collect at 3:30 every morning ... and there is nothing on NZ TV at that time! :)

Benoire

Post by Benoire » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:19 am

I'm a brit, and this is when most of the sport and stuff I like is done... My partner likes all the NZ/Oz telly and I like Football, Formula 1 and other stuff. I don't want to setup a daily grab at a time when most of what I want is on telly. Plus sky has a nasty habit of completely ballsing up the EPG and programs change or times extend and as such I miss it :-(