improved Argus new feature request and error tracking

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
cybersheep

improved Argus new feature request and error tracking

Post by cybersheep » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:31 am

Hi All.

I just wondered if any consideration could be given to an improved change request and error tracking database?

Specifically I'm thinking that any request (whether new feature or error) is handled in same database/forum and then assigned a status. At the most basic level this could be:
  • DETECTED - is new request just coming in
  • ACKNOWLEDGED - someone of authority has acknowledged the feature/error will be done and is added to some list of updates
  • IMPLEMENTED - new feature is implemented and available
  • REJECTED - new feature/error is not going to be implemented (either it already exists, is somehow otherwise resolved outside of an Argus code change, or is some peculiar use-case that is just too rare to fix)
There could be more states, and each item could also have a priority (LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH), but I didn't want to over complicate the suggestion right now.

The reason I ask, is that I'm still not too sure of the status on a few features/bugs Ive reported some months ago. With some sort of system like this it would be very easy to see what items will or wont be fixed.

Anyway I realise that Dot-I and others do this for free, so it's a big ask to have a feature tracking database, but I'm just putting the idea out there...

Cheers, Rich