MHEG5 implementation

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
Benoire

MHEG5 implementation

Post by Benoire » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:05 pm

Hi Nico, rest of Argus!

I've been reading some interesting stuff on a C# implementation of MHEG5 code such as those used on the freeview platforms. It appears that there has been a lot of work on this in C#/C++ and some clever people have got this working in MythTV and a standalone application on the mediaportal forums. From what I can tell, TVServer is simply not capable of doing these things but I wondered whether Argus Recorder was able to? As you already scan the right PIDS from the freeview platform, it might be 'easier' than the MP guys found implementing it?

Just a thought eh?

andrewNZ

Re: MHEG5 implementation

Post by andrewNZ » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:24 pm

The easiest implementation may be to talk nicely to the guys that made EPGCollector. It was born specifically because NZ freeview used MHEG5.

Unsure whether they'd be willing to share the code though.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Benoire

Re: MHEG5 implementation

Post by Benoire » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:18 pm

I wasn't actually referring to EPG grabbing, more the interactive services. With Sommet sports launching shortly in NZ, it should be using the full MHEG5 setup for multi channel sports... Implementing that would be fantastic!