Filter FTA/Encrypted in Card/Service mapping?

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
philg

Filter FTA/Encrypted in Card/Service mapping?

Post by philg » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Apologies if this has been covered already, but in the admin card/services window, it would be extremely useful to be able to filter/sort on FTA and scrambled channels.

My problem is that I have a CAM on 1 of my 6 tuners, and if I choose the wrong card when scanning, it adds all the channels to that card (FTA AND encrypted). I then have to manually select/remove each channel.

The only filters available are provider and service name. This does not help as the provider (BSKYB) is the same for both FTA and encrypted.

I've just made the mistake again of tuning on the wrong card which has re-added all the scrambled channels to that card, causing recordings to fail when Argus tries to use that card anf not the one with the CAM attached :(

To be honest, it would be useful to filter/sort other fields that are available in the details panel, such as frequency etc. but that might be a little too much effort for much less gain

Would it also be possible to have the option of selecting which channels are added during the scan (FTA/Encrypted or All) which I have seen with plenty of other TV card software?

Thanks,
Phil

PS. I'm a C++/C# developer by day and I would be willing to get involved with this if it helps :)
I'm now off to poke in the database and see if I cant find a quicker way to do this in T-SQL!