possible usability improvements

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
garfield

possible usability improvements

Post by garfield » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:45 pm

Greetings,

some ideas for possible usability improvements - to be discussed:

1. importing "schedules/recordings"
I tried to import "schedules/recordings" from another argustv instance. The import will be stopped because of missing channels in my new setup. Workaround is to manually edit the XML :shock:

Solution 1:
- import ALL
- deactivate the not possible schedules
- check schedules on reactivating scheduler for possible schedules, if not warn the user why it wasn't activated

Solution 2:
- import only matching schedules, but do not "import nothing"

2. edit recording schedule dialog
starting from the EPG context menu select "record" - in the edit recording schedule dialog you will be prompted with the schedule you've just selected - all correct so far.
Now you have to clear all activated control boxes from "when" to see possible repetitions of the tv program. You possible will see two or more repetitions.

=> NOW if you prefer one repetition later in the night or on another day you have to select manually the correct date/time under "when" instead of
a) easily checking the control box in front of the wanted repetitions to record
or much easier
b) just selecting/highlighting the wanted schedule
and transferring selected date/time to "when"

Hopefully, my English explanation is understandable :?

Garfield

PaulAEvans

Usability improvements

Post by PaulAEvans » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:07 am

As we now approaching a near ideal Media recording solution ie ArgusTV 2.3 RC then it would be nice to be able to stop tinkering with the system and leave it to get on with its task which it now does very reliably.

If like me you prefer a green solution where the recorder/scheduler are only on for recordings and streaming then one bugbear is the need to constantly wake up the system to read upcoming recordings etc. My feature suggestion therefore is a feature to cache some/all of the upcoming schedule information for off-line viewing via Argus Notifier.

The feature would need to offer a timestamp of cache time and display that system is sleeping...but it would avoid the need to constantly have to wake the systems up for just a snip of information.

What do users think
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3