Improve error email when program not found

Post your great ideas and suggestions here
philg

Improve error email when program not found

Post by philg » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:24 am

I have a problem, I get lots of messages like this:
RT: ARGUS TV on <server>reported the following error (05/02/2015 00:15:11):
Card <TBS 6981 BDA DVBS/S2 A Tuner/Demod> returned Card error : ProgramNotFound
Your ARGUS TV system may require your attention!
The problem is that it is not immediately obvious from the message, what program (i.e. what schedule or channel) is in error. Its quite common for channels to move PID or frequency, and it would make life much easier if it was clear which channel could not be tuned, or which scheduled program failed to record because of this error.

I though I had asked for thie before but as I cant see any evidence of that here, I am raising it again.

Thanks,
Phil

pcolmer

Re: Improve error email when program not found

Post by pcolmer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:26 am

I've just experienced this with a recording scheduled for BBC Three. The channel starts broadcasting around 7pm so the 2 minute pre-recording window meant that there was a small period when the channel wasn't actually broadcasting.

This caused me to receive two emails from Argus TV with the same message as you've shown, but the recording did eventually happen, which is reassuring.

In my case, I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this as I don't know enough about how BBC Three presents itself when it is off air. Certainly, scanning didn't pick it or BBC Four up until I rescanned during their broadcast hours. That makes it a bit frustrating and I can't help but wonder how TVs cope, but that would be for a different forum thread :-)

philg

Re: Improve error email when program not found

Post by philg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:57 am

The real problem I have, with so many schedules and 6 tuners, is its difficult to work out which schedule its talking about missing, and which cards/frequencies/channels it had trouble with!

That's why it could be so much better if the schedule, channel, card or program name could be in the error email - at least I'd know where to start or which services to rescan in-case of frequency changes!