Windows 8 - Recordings don't get deleted

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
Malyngo

Windows 8 - Recordings don't get deleted

Post by Malyngo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:21 pm

I have currently installed Argus on a Windows 8 Pro 32bit machine.
When I delete a recording in the Mediaportal plugin, it get's deleted from the database, but the file is not deleted from the hdd. (When browsing to the folder where the recording resides, it is still there)

Don't know what Microsoft could have done that this is suddenly a problem on 8. :?

Malyngo

Re: Windows 8 - Recordings don't get deleted

Post by Malyngo » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:31 am

Update: I have in the meantime downgraded from Win8 back to Vista, because my tuners just wouldn't run well (anysee Tuner didn't work at all, Technisat Combo HD didn't work at all, FireDTV not always).
When reimporting my recordings in Argus on Vista, I realized that all the recordings that were done on Win8 don't have any metadata.

MS seems to have done some real bad stuff to the filesystem API.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Malyngo wrote: MS seems to have done some real bad stuff to the filesystem API.
Hi Malyngo
actually, I don't believe so.
If you see no Metadata with the files, this could also be a "simple share issue".
Do you use your recorder that recorded the shows without metadata on a different PC than the Core (scheduler) service?
And if so, do you get a "shares ok" from within the scheduler console testing shares (under Win8)? (Talking NOT of green UNC checking in recorder console..)
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Malyngo

Post by Malyngo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:07 pm

I can't check that anymore, as I downgraded from Win 8 (and don't intend to go back).

Recorder and Scheduler were all on the same machine.

Although it seems that my Tuner problem is not Win 8 related. Now in Vista, where everything was running fine, 2 tuners aren't available, either.

Maybe it was the update to Argus, but I have to look into that more before I can say anything about it.