does not handle 2x dual tuner

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
maysider

Post by maysider » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:37 pm

when I add a second dual dvbt tuner it gives me a notice "fatal" or "tune failed" when trying the 3rd or 4th tuner.

tested with 3 dual dvbt (2x evolve venus + aver twinstar pcie)

it's really not possible to use 4 tuners?

thank you
Argus donator 2x

Hominidae

Re: does not handle 2x dual tuner

Post by Hominidae » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:35 pm

...there is not a given limit to less than 4 tuners...I am using ARGUSTV with 4 DVB/S2 tuners myself.
There must be other reasons for the problem you decribe.

I gather the tuners are listed in the recorder, so drivers are installed and working...
As you are stating that these are DVB-T tuners, I expect that all are on the same arial/antenna and should be able to receive the same signal/services hence.
You did copy the services from the first set of two cards to the new cards in the recoder client/UI, didn't you? IMHO that's all there is to it.

Infidelus

Post by Infidelus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:47 pm

I also have two dual DVB-T tuners, and they work fine 99% of the time.

I have seen on occasion one of the dual tuners fail to be detected by Argus TV after resuming from standby which either causes it to ignore them totally or add a new set (something a friend of mine has seen more than me), but a full restart usually solves it.

maysider

Post by maysider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Hominidae wrote:...there is not a given limit to less than 4 tuners...I am using ARGUSTV with 4 DVB/S2 tuners myself.
There must be other reasons for the problem you decribe.

I gather the tuners are listed in the recorder, so drivers are installed and working...
As you are stating that these are DVB-T tuners, I expect that all are on the same arial/antenna and should be able to receive the same signal/services hence.
You did copy the services from the first set of two cards to the new cards in the recoder client/UI, didn't you? IMHO that's all there is to it.
every tuner works fine until I activate all of them of course
Argus donator 2x

maysider

Post by maysider » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Infidelus wrote:I also have two dual DVB-T tuners, and they work fine 99% of the time.

I have seen on occasion one of the dual tuners fail to be detected by Argus TV after resuming from standby which either causes it to ignore them totally or add a new set (something a friend of mine has seen more than me), but a full restart usually solves it.
exactly, very probably Argus TV bug.

but when I'm not at home it refuses to record some shows
Argus donator 2x

Hominidae

Post by Hominidae » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:07 pm

maysider wrote:
Infidelus wrote:I also have two dual DVB-T tuners, and they work fine 99% of the time.

Hmmm...are these USB based/driven cards?
Looks like the cards get renumbered/a new ID by the system occasionally and thus detected as new/unconfigured by ARGUSTV.
I *once* saw the same when I changed the PCIe slots of my cards and others with USB based cards have reported the same.

Edit: see viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4522

Infidelus

Post by Infidelus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Hominidae wrote:
maysider wrote:

Yes and no ;)

It's the USB based one for me (a Kworld UB499-2T).

No for my friend. It's his TBS 6280 that does it to him (which is the one that works fine for me - touch wood :P )

maysider

Post by maysider » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:10 am

Hominidae wrote:
maysider wrote:

Looks like the cards get renumbered/a new ID by the system occasionally and thus detected as new/unconfigured by ARGUSTV.
I *once* saw the same when I changed the PCIe slots of my cards and others with USB based cards have reported the same.

Edit: see viewtopic.php?f=52&t=4522
1) Twinstar PCI-E
2) evolve venus USB

problems with both

Im not sure if it can be resolved because I need to my PC to sleep

is there another way how to fix that stupid Windows's bug?

really, time to ditch all the outdated Windows and move completely to Android....

thx
Argus donator 2x

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm

I think what you're seeing is known as ghost tuners in WMC. Remembering that even most PCIe tuners are actually USB tuners on a PCIe>USB bridge, it seems to be an issue where new device IDs are randomly issued to USB devices, meaning that when the tuning software (WMC or Argus) attempt to access the tuners using the old IDs, it fails).

I use a DNTV Quad PCIe tuner. It's 2 dual USB tuners on a bridge & generally works fine. Throw in another one of these tuners, & 5 tuners will work, but tuners 6-8 have the same hardware ID as tuner 5, so they fail.

I really doubt this is an Argus issue.

maysider

Post by maysider » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:45 am

logifuse wrote:I think what you're seeing is known as ghost tuners in WMC. Remembering that even most PCIe tuners are actually USB tuners on a PCIe>USB bridge, it seems to be an issue where new device IDs are randomly issued to USB devices, meaning that when the tuning software (WMC or Argus) attempt to access the tuners using the old IDs, it fails).

I use a DNTV Quad PCIe tuner. It's 2 dual USB tuners on a bridge & generally works fine. Throw in another one of these tuners, & 5 tuners will work, but tuners 6-8 have the same hardware ID as tuner 5, so they fail.

I really doubt this is an Argus issue.
I thought that
it's really time to dump all the outdated closed Windows for Android open source to make progress faster
Argus donator 2x