ArgusTVScheduler service crashing on resume from sleep

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
SQLDBA

Re: ArgusTVScheduler service crashing on resume from sleep

Post by SQLDBA » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Revisiting a post that I started with the resolution (I think!) that I've found. I noticed that my resume from sleep issues occurred whenever I had a recording set up with a processing command set to run at a fixed time after the recording ended and the computer went to sleep in between the end of the recording and the start of the processing command. For example, a recording ending at 10 PM had a processing command (Comskip) configured to run at 3:30 AM but entered sleep at 11 PM.

I changed all my recordings to run processing commands immediately after they end and the issue never reappeared.

FWIW, I still like to queue up Comskip to run in the middle of the night so I wrote a PowerShell script to send a message with the filename to be processed to an MSMQ queue after the recording ends and a second PoSh script (scheduled for 3:30 AM) to read the queue and run Comskip against each file. So far it's worked perfect and I haven't had any service crashes on resume from sleep.

Happy to share the PowerShell scripts if anyone is interested in them. Of course, with the next version coming soon (which I haven't been able to test yet) this might not even be an issue anymore.

rudig

Post by rudig » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi,

I'm definitly interested in the script :D

Regards

nickre

Post by nickre » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:12 am

I meant to refer to this message: viewtopic.php?p=32572#p32572
Hi - first post so please go easy. I am new to Argus TV.

I know that this is an old thread however I have just installed 2.3 and I have what seems to me the same issue when my PC resumes from sleep. When Argus TV wakes up I get "No card found to record program". Most times if I start the recorder and re-initialise the cards they are detected and everything is fine. Sometimes this doesn't work and I have to reboot.

I'd like to try the patch mentioned in the link above however I can't access it. I get a "You are not authorised to read this forum" message. What do I need to do to access the patch?

cheers