Service's PMT Not Found - Channel 5 (UK)

In the unlikely ;) event you encounter a bug, tell us here
buff

Service's PMT Not Found - Channel 5 (UK)

Post by buff » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Hi all,

Wondered if someone could help?

I've been using ArgusTV for almost a year now, without many issues - it works great for the most part.

One issue I have had, but have never been able to solve, is that I cannot tune in to Channel 5 (UK based freesat channel). I can tune in to Channel 5+1 and Channel 5+24, hence it's not a major issue, but I'd like to get it sorted if possible.

All these channels are off the same frequency - I'm afraid I don't fully understand all of this to e honest - and I have five Channel 5 entries in the Services field in Status in the Recorder Console but none of them allow a recording and come up with the "Service's PMT Not Found" error message when trying to manually record. To my knowledge, I don't have this issue with any other channels.

I have rescanned and made sure I have the most up to date xml files, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

rudig

Re: Service's PMT Not Found - Channel 5 (UK)

Post by rudig » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:04 am

Hi,

Does this setup use any card sharing?
Once I a while I need to clean out the cache from the plugin.
Has happened about two times in the last five years.

buff

Post by buff » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:47 pm

Hi rudig,

Thanks for your reply. Don't use card sharing - I only have the one tuner card.

How do I clean out the cache? The only cache I can see in settings is the EPG cache, which has had no effect.

Cheers

rudig

Post by rudig » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:26 pm

If you don't have card sharing then this cache remark is also useless.
Sorry, no idea on how to help out.

hucknallred

Post by hucknallred » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:16 pm

buff wrote:Hi all,

Wondered if someone could help?

I've been using ArgusTV for almost a year now, without many issues - it works great for the most part.

One issue I have had, but have never been able to solve, is that I cannot tune in to Channel 5 (UK based freesat channel). I can tune in to Channel 5+1 and Channel 5+24, hence it's not a major issue, but I'd like to get it sorted if possible.
Buff, no idea if you've sussed this out yet? It's not an Argus problem. The Channel 5 HD version is going FTA on satellite, so all the regional versions have gone on the 10.964 transponder to squeeze in C5 HD. This is why you had 5 services listed they were the different versions that carried different regional ads.

To fix go to recorder console > services, click on Channel 5 to highlight it, then hold down shift & click the Hide button. This will delete the service (do it for all Channel 5 services).
Now go to scan services & rescan 10.964 Mhz only, you will get a new Channel 5 service appear.

Now go to channels highlight channel 5 & click link service, select your new Channel 5 service, click save & you're done.

Same happened to me so I know this works.

buff

Post by buff » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks so much hucknallred, I hadn't sorted this, but now have - many thanks

hucknallred

Post by hucknallred » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:21 pm

buff wrote:Thanks so much hucknallred, I hadn't sorted this, but now have - many thanks
Glad to help. A Freesat box will automatically detect changes like this. Us Argus users have to do some manual changes when channels move. This site http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php is your friend. If a channel isn't working look it up on here & see if it's changed in any way from the details in recorder console.