[solved] Support needed: Wiki section w/ XBMC Live TV issues

Discuss the ARGUS TV wiki here
Christoph21x

[solved] Support needed: Wiki section w/ XBMC Live TV issues

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi All

I reworked the XBMC with Argus section by approx. 75% as per now - see http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... VR_Support
I need some help of you with the recently increasingly occurring issues with access to Live TV under OpenELEC, XBMC under Linux, Ubuntu & Android.
I need someone to describe the most probable cause of "rights management" with timeshift folder and the fact, that Argus Scheduler is running under SYSTEM account.

Would anyone be willing to help me? A description needn't to be perfect, you can post it in here, I'll convert, format and link it to the Wiki article.

Thanks in advance & greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

luetty

Re: Support needed: Wiki section w/ XBMC Live TV issues

Post by luetty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:39 am

Dear Chris,

maybe i can help on some points. I don't use xbmc/kodi in production so just test experiences from phone installs or tab-installations.

It seems, that it is not enough to Setup the windows-username and Password within the plugin-configuration in xbmc/kodi.
slawly has reported that it is important to Access the remote side through filemanager and save the credentials one time. It is important to do this with filemanager and NOT within Video/Audio-Section. I've tested this (accessed just "\\servername" and not different folders) and it becomes true, now i have also live-tv on my Android devices too :D .
I don't know what the credentials in plugin-setup are for, maybe recordings - will need more testing.

That the sheduler-service and recording-service running under SYSTEM-ACCOUNT is just important if you record/ timeshift on a remote share.
The SYSTEM-ACCOUNT can't leave the local pc anymore!!! This "issue" is NOT xbmc/kodi related - it's important for each Setup, that use remote shares for argusTV directly.

The most error, that users running into is, to test access the share with windows-explorer or similar. The important difference is, that they are logged in with their own usercredentials, this time, and this is different to the Services (SYSTEM).

To solve this, the Services must be running on a useraccount that's known (and allowed) on remote machine too.

Hope there are some important, useful informations for the wiki

ciao
luetty

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:42 am

Dear luetty, thanks a lot, I hoped to get such a summary from you, I read the hints (although they didn´t work for me, they seemed to have worked out for all others)
Thanks a lot, now I can also add a trouble-shooting chapter for this..

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Puhhh... I finally did it - it took by far longer than expected, it was still on Eden / Frodo status:
Argus' Kodi / XBMC Wiki section has been completely re-written. Find it new under http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... VR_Support
Doing now some finishing work (update of site-map).

A critical review is highly appreciated.
Thanks especially to luetty & Paul A. Evans!

Kind regards from Switzerland - Chris

PaulAEvans

Post by PaulAEvans » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Chris this is a great piece of work, I also like your focus on going forward with kodi. It will be so much better to focus on the new platform. Luetty's comments avoiding local service accounts is so important and well made.
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3