How important is program title rule ?

Full administration access to your ARGUS TV system
nonobio

How important is program title rule ?

Post by nonobio » Fri May 23, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi,
I miss a record last wednesday, i think it is caused by my xmltv file that couldn't be downloaded and so my electronic guide isn't well populated.

I thought Argus would record even if the electronic guide is bad or missing, but it seems not.

I taked a look at my shedule and see that i have a program title rule.

So i ask you, if i understand well, my shedule will not start if the program doesn't match the exact name like the one in the program title rule field , is it ?

Thanks

logifuse

Re: How important is program title rule ?

Post by logifuse » Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 am

The default rule for the title is 'Equals'. The title therefore must match exactly for it to be recorded.

I use the EIT based over the air data in Australia & our broadcasters have a nasty habit of adding things to the title in the EPG (e.g. (Premiere, Series Finale, Includes Sneak Peak of...), so I manually change my recording to 'Starts With' & remove anything extra that may have been added.

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sat May 24, 2014 1:10 am

I have a similar situation to logifuse, only I typically use 'contains' because my shows often get things like "new" at the beginning.

You don't have to use the title field at all if you don't want to. Just adjust the day, time, and channel settings to suit a regular airing
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat May 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Just a short comment: "starts with" is a quicker search in SQL than "contains" - prefer "starts with", if possible
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)