Anyway to improve multi-seat connection to Argus?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
Benoire

Anyway to improve multi-seat connection to Argus?

Post by Benoire » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:17 am

I've got a separate PC (main is HTPC in lounge) setup using MP 1.3A and Argus TV. The HTPC connects to the new tuner in about 5 seconds and switches really quickly. The other PC took over 12 seconds to connect to the stream. Fully wired on 100MBit. Is there anyway to reduce the stream time? I realise some of this is MP needing a certain amount of data before it will display the stream, but how can I reduce the rest?

andrewNZ

Re: Anyway to improve multi-seat connection to Argus?

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:28 am

Are you using rtsp? I have an idea that may be slower.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

Benoire

Post by Benoire » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:11 am

Nope, it is disabled in the plugin; assume then that I am on UNC? Just tried the latest TSReader.ax from the experimental section and it seems a fraction quicker, but still 9 seconds or so to display the stream. once up and running it is the same to change as on the actual server.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:32 am

It's the same on my UNC clients (even on gigabit). Could it be some code that is there for RTSP that enforces a delay before trying to start viewing?

i.e. under RTSP it expects a good 5 or so extra seconds for the stream to be available, so trying to view it before then would cause an issue.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:17 am

FWIW, I have a fresh install of W7 64 bit on my office PC here (an ASRock ION) & I've tried both MP 1.2.3 & 1.3A connecting to my Argus 2.01 server & while the initial tune is still slow in either version, I think 1.2.3 is a couple of seconds faster & it's also got quicker channel changes.

Any ideas why?