Recorded TV Screen

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
logifuse

Recorded TV Screen

Post by logifuse » Wed May 01, 2013 12:11 am

Not sure where the responsibility for this is (guessing it's MP & not Argus, but I don't have a straight MP install to test).

When you finish watching a recording & press the stop button, when MP drops back to the Recorded TV screen, if a new recording is in progress (or has happened during viewing the recording you have just viewed), the highlighted recording will be the one above the recording you have just watched.

Basically, if the position of the recording you have just watched has changed in the recording screen while you were watching it, when you go back to the recording screen, the wrong recording is highlighted, so if you go to reflexively delete what you have just watched, you'll delete the show above.

Any way to change this behavior?

I'm running MP 1.3 with Argus 2.1, but I think it has always been this way (or at least for a long time).

andrewNZ

Re: Recorded TV Screen

Post by andrewNZ » Wed May 01, 2013 1:37 am

I think this might be normal behaviour, the idea being, once you've watched a recording, you're most likely going to want to watch the next one.

For me, it's really quite handy. I almost never delete a recording myself. I've set my default keep setting to 7 days. Most of what I record is more for fancy timeshifting than anything else, so usually, if I haven't watched it in a week, I won't watch it at all.

It's not the solution you've been looking for, but perhaps you could look at altering your keep settings and let ARGUS TV do the deleting for you.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

lan

Post by lan » Wed May 01, 2013 9:54 am

@logifuse

It has been like that for a long time. My wife is complaning abolut it to.

We have both deleted recordings by mistake.

Great if this could be fixed.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Thu May 02, 2013 12:31 am

It's mostly fine once you're aware of the behavior, but the test should always be what would happen if a novice was using it. The expectation would be that you would return to the recording you have just watched, as you do on just about any PVR (hard or software) on the market.

It's quirks like this that stop people making the jump from things like WMC. The problem generally isn't the person setting it up, it's the other users in the household. If the user experience isn't intuitive, they don't want to know about it.

Having said that, I'm fairly sure it's an MP issue, but it would be nice if someone could confirm.