[solved]Problem selecting encrypted channels first time

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using MediaPortal (http://www.team-mediaportal.com/)
styrsven

[solved]Problem selecting encrypted channels first time

Post by styrsven » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Hi,
I use 2.3RC and MP 1.9.0pre, although I have had this problem with earlier versions also.
I have a DD tv card with 4 tuners, and a CAM that can handle it. If I stat MP and as the first channel to watch select an encrypted one, MP just hangs. If I select an unencrypted channel as first choice, there is no problem selecting encrypted channels later.
Trying to record from the recorder console works without problems, scheduled recordings also work without problems, it's just the live TV client that has this problem.
Has anyone seen this, or even have a solution?
Last edited by styrsven on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christoph21x

Re: Problem selecting encrypted channels first time

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi stysven

This could be caused by timing problems caused by your CI/CAM. Depending on your settings and your provider, the first CAM decryption can take time. (IF this CAM module / card wasn't used before, it may even take an initial "register" of 1 minute +)
But CAM modules always need a little time to start the decryption. And if you use shared modules, it may even take more time.
To exclude this as a reason, you may want to read (& try the settings of) this post: viewtopic.php?p=33026#p33026

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

styrsven

Post by styrsven » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:34 pm

Unfortunately, these settings didn't help, the issue remains. The problem is only in MP live TV.Recordings doesn't have this problem, and I set up an XBMC Linux client today that doesn't have this problem either. I'll see if I can create som log files that contain anything useful.

styrsven

Post by styrsven » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Problem solved. I selected RTSP and the problem went away. :D