Development progress

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
loggio

Re: Development progress

Post by loggio » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Red_F wrote:A recent version of the PVR API has added the possibility to overrule the XBMC built-in genre types.

Version 1.6.164 will show the exact string sent as "Category" by ARGUS TV on the XBMC genre description, eg. "Kinderprogramma", "Series". The add-on does not translate or change the string and therefore any localization should be preserved.

I have issued a pull request to Team XBMC for this change, and once that is accepted you should have working Genre descriptions.

Cheers,
Fred
So your pull request has been merged. Since this occurred i noticed the following issue.
I use the skin "ReFocus" and epg timeline use to look like this when using that skin-

Now it looks like this -

The reason this has happened is because the skin is now trying to display Coloured epg genre strings for the timeline instead of the standard "pink/purple" epg timeline you see above... This is normal behaviour.

So upon further investigation, i realised that Argus-TV does not have any "category" information on any of my EPG data, therefor nothing is being received by XBMC.

I'm from Australia, and i use the stream data from DVB-T for EPG... I do not import epg at all from any other sources.

Questions:
1. Why does ARGUS-TV not have category information for my EPG channels?
- am i doing something wrong?
- is there a check box i've missed?
2. Will you add the option to your plugin to disable reading of genre strings, just in case people have problems with categories, or do not want "coloured epg genre" data in XBMC.

Sorry for the long post
and thank you in advance.

Loggio.

tompa

Post by tompa » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 pm

Hi!

Iv noticed that live TV sometimes start over from the beginning of the timeshift files (the first one). If I play fwd, then TV is in sync again.

Running Openelec 3 RC2 and Argus TV Beta 2

Anyone else seeing this?
/tompa

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:45 pm

@loggio: you can find the cause, and how to resolve it here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3968&start=40.

Basically it boils down to the fact that Frodo Final is missing a background texture for category 256.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:21 pm

There was a problem in the Addon when adding a timer from XBMC for an EPG entry that contained " characters in the title.

I have found and solved this problem in version 1.6.166 (Frodo) and version 1.7.166 (master).

A pull request has been sent to Team XBMC for both branches.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

acdj

Post by acdj » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:25 am

Hi all, so can anyone tell me... are DVB subtitles possible with DVB-T and just not implemented or is it a technical issue? I've searched and searched and can't figure out a way to enable DVB (not teletext) subtitles when watching live tv.