XBMC PVR addon

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
pbathuk

Re: XBMC PVR addon

Post by pbathuk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:02 pm

Hi Fred,

I was just wondering if you had managed to recreate the bug about fast forward / rewind (and skip)

Cheers

Phil

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 pm

pbathuk wrote:Hi Fred,

I was just wondering if you had managed to recreate the bug about fast forward / rewind (and skip)

Cheers

Phil
I read on the xbmc forums that it was a xbmc problem that has been solved. So now Frodo is finally released you should probably no longer have this problem.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

pbathuk

Post by pbathuk » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:56 am

That's fantastic, Tested it today and it seems to be working as expected now :)

Cheers

Phil

Klayer

Post by Klayer » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:00 am

I am running Argus TV on a WHS 2011 and XBMC client(Frodo final) on a Windows 7 machine, ipad and an android tablet (Nexus 7).
The Windows machine is working nicely but both the ipad and android tablet don't.

Both tablets can connect to the PVR, can display the TV channels and also receive the EPG.
I can also schedule recordings but playing live TV and also playing recordings does not work.

When playing life TV I receive the message "time out while waiting for buffer file"

I have tried to access the recordings folder via video tab and access to SMB share and this workarround is working.
With respect to the PVR plugin I have used the same settings as in the windows machine.
Also I have already tried to switch off the WHS firewall but this did not help aswell.

Any idea?

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:40 pm

@Phil: excellent! Good to hear that it is now working as intended, and all without changing the add-on ;)

@Klayer: I have seen this message before in cases that the XBMC file routines are failing to really access the data on the shares. Are there any relevant error messages in the Log file?

pbathuk

Post by pbathuk » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi,

I have just noticed one issue which appeared on my installing the XBMC v12 final, which I never used to get, to illustrate the matter I took some screenshots :
screenshot001.png
Main EPG
screenshot001.png (492.51 KiB) Viewed 12774 times
<-- Main view
screenshot002.png
Info view
screenshot002.png (250.84 KiB) Viewed 12774 times
<-- Showing Genre populated

Basically what appears to have happened is argus is now populating the EPG database in my MySQL database, however all the igenretype are set to 256 which means they come up with no colours :(
I am almost certain that pre final (was using the nightly builds alot) I never got no colour, and the genre was always set to Other / Unknown.

Does anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this (even if for now just to give it a grey colour or something)

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:30 pm

LOL, we never do it right :D

By popular demand (I think that is the correct phrasing) the Category for every show is passed from ARGUS TV to XBMC.

As usual there is a mismatch here between XBMC (integers for a limited number of genres) and ARGUS (arbitrary strings for genres that may, or may not, be localised). Team XBMC has made available a 'special' genretype 256 to cater for this caes. genretype 256 will use the category string as it was retrieved from ARGUS.

Before this change, the genretype was always passed as 0 (Unknown/other).

I don't know about colours, but it would seem to me that it would be a skin issue if 0 is treated differently from 256. Since XBMC in both cases really doesn't understand the genre at all.

Kay Diefenthal

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Red_F wrote:LOL, we never do it right :D

By popular demand (I think that is the correct phrasing) the Category for every show is passed from ARGUS TV to XBMC.

As usual there is a mismatch here between XBMC (integers for a limited number of genres) and ARGUS (arbitrary strings for genres that may, or may not, be localised). Team XBMC has made available a 'special' genretype 256 to cater for this caes. genretype 256 will use the category string as it was retrieved from ARGUS.

Before this change, the genretype was always passed as 0 (Unknown/other).

I don't know about colours, but it would seem to me that it would be a skin issue if 0 is treated differently from 256. Since XBMC in both cases really doesn't understand the genre at all.

ok Fred,

you have my agreement

to may feather and tarring or rocky me because I convinced you colored background guide offer
Last edited by Kay Diefenthal on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

pbathuk

Post by pbathuk » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Ah bugger, sorry.
Its cool that they are being passed and if I had a link up to what genres xbmc are limited to I could write a mysql script that I could run to overwrite 256 that it is automatically being assigned.

From a quick glance on the xbmc forum (after I had posted here) there are a number of posts about the fact that since final most people are getting "black screens with writing" i.e. no colours what so ever.

Cheers

Phil

Hominidae

Post by Hominidae » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:57 pm

...since XBMC 12.0 is released now, this triggered me upgrading the HTPC (and the server to ARGUS-TV)

Everything went well, like a charm.
...and HD Live-TV is working fine now :D

I am a happy camper!
Thanks for your hard work and dedication to get things done!

regards,
Hominidae