Full featured

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
MicF

Re: Full featured

Post by MicF » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Red_F wrote:@MicF well, you can schedule recordings from within XBMC, even with a limited form or repetition. But what I mostly is do a quick schedule from within XBMC when my wife discovers she forgot to ask to record something in time ;). For most of the series I just have schedules setup on ARGUS that almost never change. They just will start recording when the show appears, lie dormant during summer or winter stops and pop up again once the series continues.
I have a different personal setup here ;)
My wife and my daughter are scheduling series recordings, like they buy shoes.
I can't tell them to use the web front end to schedule it there.

Do you think that at least repetitions are possible via XBMC in future?
Red_F wrote: Just the "quick do record this on that channel it starts in 20 minutes" (or has already started). So I'm content with what I can do from XBMC :D.
Sidenote:
Is it possible to start a recording after the show has started, using the timeshift buffer merging in one complete recording? Something MCE ever missed.
Now Frodo is getting nearer to completion, I'm looking at Windows 8 app development. Just to keep me busy I think I'll start some coding there for ARGUS TV.

MicF

Post by MicF » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:10 pm

sadly to hear that the mce com now has losed the next mce dev
i give not so fast up i build my mce client for argus or better i rebuild it
I have limited DEV capabilities, at least measured against my own demand.

What is your objective in developing an MCE Argus client?
MCE has quite reasonable functionality and you have to port all Argus features to make it better.

Full respect, like to try ;)

Kay Diefenthal

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:43 pm

MicF wrote:
sadly to hear that the mce com now has losed the next mce dev
i give not so fast up i build my mce client for argus or better i rebuild it
I have limited DEV capabilities, at least measured against my own demand.

What is your objective in developing an MCE Argus client?
MCE has quite reasonable functionality and you have to port all Argus features to make it better.

Full respect, like to try ;)
i will not longer hijack this thread we can talk in offtopic if you like
otherwise I will be tarred and feathered from fred ;)

codex

Post by codex » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:34 am

Christoph21x wrote:
codex wrote:Actually I tend to use the very good iPad client for the advanced argus features, planning my viewing and scheduling recordings, the more basic interface is adequate in xbmc for most stuff. My big problem is using a remote with xbmc and the PVR is far from friendly at the moment.
Remote in general is a problem or to navigate and configure PVR funct's?
Remote for navigating PVR seems really clunky in xbmc. I'm using json commands from the remote to control xbmc and the PVR needs a smoother interface before it's ready to beat the likes of sky etc. Still it's very early days and I can't wait to see how things progress, I'll be sticking with Argus and xbmc, just need to get a bit more wife friendly...

Hominidae

Post by Hominidae » Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:03 am

codex wrote:My big problem is using a remote with xbmc and the PVR is far from friendly at the moment.
...maybe somewhat off-topic, but I am using my native TV remote to control XBMC along with this: http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/produc ... apter.aspx

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:47 am

Hominidae wrote:...maybe somewhat off-topic, but I am using my native TV remote to control XBMC along with this: http://www.pulse-eight.com/store/produc ... apter.aspx
Using an universal remote control together with EventGhost (http://www.eventghost.org) and have no problem using all supported features of the PVR plug-in
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

codex

Post by codex » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:30 am

Don't want to take too far off topic, problem is not with it working, more that the functionality isn't fully there yet. It's close, but the wife just ends up shouting at the tv because it's not as smooth as it could be.