Problems with Radio Buffering

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
daveb500

Problems with Radio Buffering

Post by daveb500 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:45 pm

I'm using Argus with XBMC and the TV side seems to be working quite well. But I'm having issues with radio. On my iPad it works fine, but on the PC that also has Argus installed, it keeps buffering every couple of seconds. If I pause it to create a buffer, it works for a while but after a short while, it does odd things like starting from the beginning again.

Any thoughts?

Red_F

Re: Problems with Radio Buffering

Post by Red_F » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:59 pm

That is weird. I know the addon is not doing anything 'special' for radio nor TV. In both cases a full UNC pathname is returned to the XBMC player. And the XBMC player than handles any audio/video/data that is present in that file. Maybe there is a bug in the way the player reads the data from the fileshare? Did you search the XBMC forums for similar problems?
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

daveb500

Post by daveb500 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 pm

I've not managed to find anything but I'll take another look. I'll also look to see if there are any errors reported.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 am

Hey both!
I have the same issue since Frodo Beta 3 plus Argus, but didn't care for it, yet...
Had this with Eden & FTR 1.7.x, too, but then it was gone...

Fred, this has from my point of view nothing to do with XBMC, I got it when running from Scheduler Console, too.
Unfortunately, since two days, I get always an "unable to start live stream" - don't know why... suddenly
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

daveb500

Post by daveb500 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:23 am

I didn't realise you could play it from the scheduler console so I'll give that a go too. Is there anywhere i can get hold of an older version of the XBMC add-on?

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:05 am

Hi Dave -
Scheduler Console / Live TV, select Radio in top left dropdown menu.

I wouldn't do that with XBMC, Dave. You may get in troubles as the PVR added functionality after RC1.
If you want to go back, you may be forced to also use an earlier version of XBMC, too. And this may lead you maybe to downgrade Argus, too, if you step back - and PVR front-end has to be installed separately before Beta 3... andandand...

Take a look at the Wiki "XBMC with PVR", you'll find there links to the nightlies as well as to the (separated) PVR builds including archive of whilecoyote... http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... VR_Support

But I'd suggest we find out, WHY it's that case - we have Red_F here in case of XBMC PVR issue - an unbeatable weapon... ;)

Any specific log entries when stuttering?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

daveb500

Post by daveb500 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Tried it through the Scheduler Console and that works fine so it seems to be XBMC-specific. I thought this might be the case because XBMC on my iPad plays radio fine.

I'll have a go again later and check the logs. It isn't a huge issue because I'm about to install XBMC on an ATV to free up the PC but it would be good to understand why and fixing it might benefit others.

More later....... :-)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:38 pm

I have this issue also when streaming from Scheduler Console - anyone else could check his/her radio streaming?

ghost5

Post by ghost5 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:11 am

daveb500 wrote:I've not managed to find anything but I'll take another look. I'll also look to see if there are any errors reported.
Taken from the pvr development section on the xbmc forum
try to increase the minimum buffer level in advancedsettings:
switching channels will be a bit slower, but it shouldn't stutter anymore
Edit:

<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
<minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Note I haven't tried this myself yet but I also suffer from the stuttering

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:19 pm

So we can definitely add this to XBMC related issues then?
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!