Problem skipping/advancing on TS recording

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
ChrisRichner

Problem skipping/advancing on TS recording

Post by ChrisRichner » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:18 am

Hi

I'm not sure if this is a bug in XBMC when playing back HD TS, or if there is something wrong with the TS output file from ATV.

Most of the HD records do have an issue with skipping/advancing forward, the record will then suddenly stop playing while skipping/advancing forward. Xbmc does not remember that the recording was already played. So it will start over and over again from the beginning of the recording.

When I play the same record in Video LAN or Windows Media Player everything works fine, only Xbmc have it's problems.

Hopefully someone who knows this area of XBMC can shed some light.

Thanks

Red_F

Re: Problem skipping/advancing on TS recording

Post by Red_F » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Since the addon has no part when playing recordings (it is basically XBMC playing a video file from a share) I think you better ask this in the ARGUS section or on the XBMC forums.

That said, I have, very rarely, encountered the same situation myself. In such cases when analysing the transport stream it turns out weird things are present in the timestamps and sequence fields. Since in my case they are really very rare I blame it on a hiccup of my digital Tuner Card, reboot and then don't see if for many months.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!