Mixed up messages on XBMC client

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
daveb500

Mixed up messages on XBMC client

Post by daveb500 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi,

The pop-up messages on XBMC when recordings are set, started, deleted etc give incorrect information. For example the name of the program is often incorrect.

Is this a common / known problem?

Red_F

Re: Mixed up messages on XBMC client

Post by Red_F » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:32 pm

daveb500 wrote:Hi,

The pop-up messages on XBMC when recordings are set, started, deleted etc give incorrect information. For example the name of the program is often incorrect.

Yes, there is an incompatibility between the XBMC and ARGUS TV numbering schemes. This is unresolvable at this moment, there may come an update for ARGUS TV that will use a XBMC compatible numbering scheme in the future.

I just disable the notifications about recordings on one of the Live-TV settings screens. The actual recordings are processed correctly, XBMC just gets confused about what recording it was :(
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

daveb500

Re: Mixed up messages on XBMC client

Post by daveb500 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:15 pm

Red_F wrote:
daveb500 wrote:Hi,

Yes, there is an incompatibility between the XBMC and ARGUS TV numbering schemes. This is unresolvable at this moment, there may come an update for ARGUS TV that will use a XBMC compatible numbering scheme in the future.

I just disable the notifications about recordings on one of the Live-TV settings screens. The actual recordings are processed correctly, XBMC just gets confused about what recording it was :(
Ok, thanks Red_F. That's a shame but not exactly a bit issue. I've switched them off.