Notifications all mixed up, have no idea what's happening.

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
loggio

Notifications all mixed up, have no idea what's happening.

Post by loggio » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:15 am

Hi guys,

There's massive issues with the way XBMC displays notifications regarding recordings with ArgusTV.

If i'm watching live TV and hit the record button while in fullscreen playback, xbmc reports "Recording scheduled" but the backend has actually started recording. Maybe this is suppose to happen? but xbmc does not report back to say that the recording has actually started after it was quickly scheduled.

Now, if i press record again, it pop's up quickly and says "Recording Started" then "recording scheduled" again (confusing right?)... When i look in the argus tv notifier in the task bar, it's now recording the stream twice, making duplicates. (more confused?... i sure am)

now, if i press record again for a third time... XBMC reports quickly "Recording Started" then followed by "Recording Deleted"... When i look in argusTV notifier, it's stopped one of the recordings, but the other is still going.

now, if i push record again for a fourth time... xbmc reports nothing back at all.. but when i look in argustv notifier, all recordings have stopped and the notifier is empty.

It may be acting like this because i have a dual tunner card?? recoding twice because it's unaware of what it's recording and simply schedules on top of itself, then uses the second tuner to start the recording... Not sure. However, recording this way is pretty much useless because of the mix up with the notifications, i actually have no idea what the hell is happening.

Other backends seem to just work as they should. Push record once, get notification saying 'recording started', push record second time, get notfication saying 'recording ended' or 'stopped' ... something along those lines.

I really hope this can be fixed.

Cheers,
Loggio.

loggio

Re: Notifications all mixed up, have no idea what's happenin

Post by loggio » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:19 am

Is nobody else having this issue?

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Notifications do not really work with ARGUS TV at this moment. If you search carefully through these forums you will see that this has been asked -and answered- before.

There is a setting under the Live TV settings that allows you to disable the notifications.

Don't worry, the recordings are starting etc. etc. XBMC is internally matching them with the wrong entries. And the end result is, as you noticed, a very confusing set of messages.

Just disable them, and wait until a newer version of XBMC supports unique id's for these entries, and we get those unique id's implemented within the addon.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

loggio

Post by loggio » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:10 pm

But it's not just the notifications...

I have to push the button four times in order for argus to actually stop the recording.

I push it once, it records. I push it a second time, it adds another schedule, I push it a third time, it deletes the first recording and starts recording the second schedule, push it a fourth time and it deletes the second recording. This is exactly what Argus messenger is telling me when i click the button in XBMC.

So it doesn't work as it should.

It should be starting once and stopping once.

If I disable the notifications, it will still act this way.

loggio

Post by loggio » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:33 am

Can anyone confirm this?
Am i doing something wrong? ... It seems as if the plugin is not communicating to the back end properly.

Because, if i go to XBMC TIMELINE click on a channel and push the 'record' button, argus's scheduler console reports back 'recording started'... then if i click on the timeline again and select 'remove timer' argus's scheduler console reports back 'recording ended' ... This is fine, it's working as it should.

but when i'm in full screen video and push record it seems to get confused and start acting like i described in the previous posts.

Again, if i turn off notifications, ArgusTV still acts funny... It doesn't fix anything and just adds to the confusion