Recordings not showing correctly

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
Red_F

Re: Recordings not showing correctly

Post by Red_F » Wed May 08, 2013 10:31 pm

madas wrote:Anything obvious?
I have been looking at your log file, and from the messages there it seems that ARGUS TV is returning only one recording for every title.

I copied a small part of the log file on the ATV1 my family uses, just the part where the recordings are retrieved from the server.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17102

If you take a look at that file you will recognise a pattern:
  • RequestRecordingsList()
    This is where XBMC asks the addon to give it the complete list of recordings;
  • GetRecordingGroupByTitle
    The addon asks the ARGUS TV server for all the recording groups it knows. Now the addon has a list of 'ProgramTitles', every ProgramTitle being a group of recordings;
  • GetRecordingsForTitle
    For every ProgramTitle (group of recordings) the addon asks the ARGUS TV server for all the recordings within that group. In this case the group of recordings for "Mythbusters". Now the addon has a list of 'RecordingIds', every RecordingId being a single recording;
  • GetRecordingById
    For every RecordingId (single recording within the group) the addon asks the ARGUS TV server for the nitty-gritty details it knows;
  • GetRecordingById (many times)
    Do this for all the recordings within the group;
  • GetRecordingsForTitle
    Processing of the second group of recordings is started. In this case the group of recordings for "NCIS".
  • GetRecordingById (many times)
    Do this for all the recordings within the group;
  • etc. etc. until all groups are retrieved.
Now, take a look at your logfile at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15117 and scroll down to RequestRecordingsList (line 2093). You see this pattern:
  • RequestRecordingsList
    XBMC asks the addon to give it the complete list of recordings;
  • GetRecordingGroupByTitle
    The addon asks the ARGUS TV server for all the recording groups;
  • GetRecordingsForTitle
    The addon asks the ARGUS TV server for all the recordings for the group "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno";
  • GetRecordingById
    The addon asks the ARGUS TV server for the details for the first recording;
  • GetRecordingsForTitle
    The addon asks the ARGUS TV server for all the recordings for the group "Dancing With the Stars";
  • GetRecordingById
    The addon asks the ARGUS TV server for the details for the first recording;
  • etc. etc.
Therefore, based on your log, I can only conclude that the ARGUS TV server is returning groups with just one recording to the addon. The addon then dutifully passes single recording listings to XBMC.

Now as for why ARGUS TV only returns one recording per group I can not tell you. But the addon seems to be working as expected.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

madas

Post by madas » Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 pm

hmmm...then i'm really not sure what to try next...should I try wiping all of the recordings out of my DB? perhaps one of them is blowing up the process?

madas

Post by madas » Mon May 20, 2013 2:26 am

Clearing out all recordings and letting new ones filter in seems to have worked.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Mon May 20, 2013 2:13 pm

madas wrote:Clearing out all recordings and letting new ones filter in seems to have worked.
I'm happy you got it solved, and very glad it turned out to be a problem "outside the code" ;).

Thanks for the feedback.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!