Live TV streaming (DVB-T) frequently doesn't start

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
Red_F

Re: Live TV streaming (DVB-T) frequently doesn't start

Post by Red_F » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Nir,
  1. Download https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/192 ... _win32.zip
  2. Go to the addon directory: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\pvr.argustv" (on 32-bit windows, on 64-bit it is just "Program Files")
  3. rename XBMC_ArgusTV_win32.dll to XBMC_ArgusTV_win32.dll.org (needs admin confirmation)
  4. unzip XBMC_ArgusTV_win32.dll into the addon directory (needs admin confirmation)
  5. start XBMC
  6. Go to menu: System / System / Debugging and enable debug logging (causes on-screen info displayed)
  7. -- play with your XBMC Live TV a little ;) --
  8. Go to the XBMC userdata folder, something like "C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata"
  9. View, copy, browse, search your xbmc.log file
  10. A successful tuning sequence should look something like this: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30009
This version of the addon works fine with XBMC 12.2 "Frodo" for Windows as downloaded from here http://xbmc.org/download/.

I hope this helps you find your problem.

Cheers,
Fred
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:41 pm

Thanks Fred!!!
I will test soon and post my findings.

Just to make it clear: is this version a potential fix or just additional logging to debug the issue?

Nir

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 pm

It is the same version that was compiled by Wileecoyote. Don't know why that version did not work for you. But it is the version from the argus_buffer2 branch, as discussed here viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4037&start=80.

It has some additional logging, but the logging we really want must come from ARGUS TV, not the addon.

No harm trying this version, and perhaps the few extra lines of additional logging may shed light on the causes of the problem you are experiencing.

I've tested it on Window 7 Ultimate 32-bits, and it starts up just fine. The log file I posted with the previous message comes from that test system.

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi Fred,

I reproduced the issue after these steps:

1. replaced the addon like you instructed (BTW XMBC installed in 'Program Files (x86)' for 64-bit Windows, and 'Program Files' for 32-bit)
2. opened XBMC with debugging and opened LiveTV -> worked fine
3. waited about 30 minutes
4. tried to open LiveTV again -> didn't start for two minutes and showed error (exactly like before)
5. closed XBMC

Attached is the XBMC.log file.

Please let me know what you think..

Thanks,
Nir
Attachments
xbmc.zip
(22.77 KiB) Downloaded 474 times

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 am

Ok, from looking at your log file it still looks as if the ARGUS TV Server is not responding to the request (or not receiving it at all).

So we really need the next version of ARGUS TV to track the requests on the server side and find out what happens to the tune request.

As can be seen in the log file, the addon simply sends the request to tune and waits for two (!) minutes for an answer that never comes.

BTW just out of curiousity, what language are you using? Is that Hebrew Right-to-Left? When looking at the log file GetRecordings entries it looks like the XBMC log methods can not quite write that correct :(

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:15 am

Well, the UI is English but yes, the channels and epg are all in Hebrew.

When do you think can I expect that next version?

Thanks!
Nir

planetix

Post by planetix » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:57 pm

Fred is a volunteer who does the XBMC addon. Dot-I and friends handle Argus. They are unpaid volunteers too. So they get to things when they have time to do them.

I don't know when they the next version planned for release but you can ask them - also if you are a donator you'll usually get early access to the beta version. You're going to want that since Dot-I will almost certainly release it as a beta first.

You should also make sure that the logging Red is talking about actually is in the development backlog too.

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:45 pm

planetix wrote:Fred is a volunteer who does the XBMC addon. Dot-I and friends handle Argus. They are unpaid volunteers too. So they get to things when they have time to do them.

I don't know when they the next version planned for release but you can ask them - also if you are a donator you'll usually get early access to the beta version. You're going to want that since Dot-I will almost certainly release it as a beta first.

You should also make sure that the logging Red is talking about actually is in the development backlog too.
Hi,
I tried contacting dot-i via the 'Argus' forum here:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=4460

There has been no reply for over a week - is this the channel I should use?

Thanks!
Nir