Live TV streaming (DVB-T) frequently doesn't start

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
nir.zamir

Re: Live TV streaming (DVB-T) frequently doesn't start

Post by nir.zamir » Wed May 22, 2013 9:59 pm

That would be great.
Thanks a lot for your help!

Nir.

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 am

Red_F wrote:Dot-i and me are thinking how we can add API request logging to ARGUS TV server.

When that is present you could install that version and enable logging. Then we can see if for some reason XBMC is not sending the requests properly to ARGUS TV. If that is so, we can submit a bug report to XBMC.

So you probably need some patience until we get the additional logging.
Hi,
Sorry to nag - just wanted to see if there's any progress with that.. Believe it or not, this is the main issue preventing me from saying goodbye to the cable company :-)
BTW, I'm technical (software engineer) so I can handle replacing DLLs etc. instead of a complete setup if it's easier for you..

Thanks!
Nir.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu May 30, 2013 9:22 am

Yesterday I received an internal Beta of ARGUS TV with request logging. There are some issues with the logging (eg. binary data getting logged causing exceptions etc.). But Dot-i is ironing those out.

So yes, we are working on ways to help you solve your problem. But as usual, free time is limited :).
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Thu May 30, 2013 9:34 am

Wish there was a 'like' button in the forum ;-)
Great to see you're helping me out - keep me posted!

Thanks,
Nir

iswego

Post by iswego » Thu May 30, 2013 11:10 pm

... The problem exists as well with dvb-t s2. I always geht an error message when trying to start the pvr client to watch live-tv.

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Red_F,
Any sort of ETA on this issue please? Even a guess would help (at least to keep us off your back :-)

Thank you!
Nir

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:19 pm

nir.zamir wrote:Hi Red_F,
Any sort of ETA on this issue please? Even a guess would help (at least to keep us off your back :-)

Thank you!
Nir
Luckily I'm way too old to get excited when people are prodding.... :D

Anyway, last weekend I've created a test branch with a slightly different approach to opening the buffer file. You can read about it here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4037&start=64. And you may want to try that version to see if it solves your problem as well.

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:45 pm

I would love to, but would I have to install VS (and build it for Win64)? I don't have it..
I can try to build it at work - which configuration should I build? Is there a x64 configuration?

Thanks (crossing my fingers)!

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:46 am

If you look at the signature from wileecoyote you'll see that he is hosting builds of this version for several platforms. You can try one of those maybe.

nir.zamir

Post by nir.zamir » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks, but they're all for Linux.

I tried to build (there's only 32bit right?) it with VS2010. All the projects compile besides ArgustTV that throws the following errors:

3>..\..\src\lib\tsreader\MultiFileReader.cpp(100): error C2079: 'stat' uses undefined struct 'MultiFileReader::OpenFile::stat64'
3>..\..\src\lib\tsreader\MultiFileReader.cpp(101): error C2664: 'ADDON::CHelper_libXBMC_addon::StatFile' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'int *' to '_stat64 *'
3> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
3>..\..\src\lib\tsreader\MultiFileReader.cpp(102): error C2228: left of '.st_size' must have class/struct/union
3> type is 'int'
3>..\..\src\lib\tsreader\MultiFileReader.cpp(111): error C2664: 'ADDON::CHelper_libXBMC_addon::StatFile' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'int *' to '_stat64 *'
3> Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
3>..\..\src\lib\tsreader\MultiFileReader.cpp(112): error C2228: left of '.st_size' must have class/struct/union
3> type is 'int'

Any idea?

Thanks,