Development progress: XBMC Gotham

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
Red_F

Re: Development progress: XBMC Gotham

Post by Red_F » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:16 pm

x-cimo wrote:Live tv works now. Any idea why recording would not start playing.
No idea, but today I have time to look into it and find out if I can reproduce this on my test environment.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Okay good news.

First of all: Integer ID's are in the master branch! Pull request https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/225 has been merged.

Second, I've found the cause of recordings not playing on windows, there were still some UNC share names being pushed around (only on Windows) :( I have addressed this and now all share names are internally handled as SAMBA share names (or CIFS names). I have issued a new pull request to get this fix in: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/229.

Cheers,
Fred

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:31 pm

Great news Fred, thanks for keeping us up to date!
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

x-cimo

Post by x-cimo » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:38 am

I am not sure why it's taking so long to pull this in the main xbmc branch. Gotham is now feature freeze.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:05 pm

x-cimo wrote:I am not sure why it's taking so long to pull this in the main xbmc branch. Gotham is now feature freeze.
Yes, it is taking a long time indeed.

x-cimo

Post by x-cimo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:55 am

Yay, finally merged.

huzz456

Post by huzz456 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:27 am

Hey thanks for all the great work, just wondering if being able to control series recording through xbmc is going to be doable any time soon?

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:38 pm

huzz456 wrote:Hey thanks for all the great work, just wondering if being able to control series recording through xbmc is going to be doable any time soon?
If it is not in the XBMC GUI then it will never be available.

If this feature is in the GUI and supported by the XBMC PVR API, then it may become available in a future release. Then it depends on whether the ARGUS TV API can support the requirements needed by the XBMC PVR API and available time.

da-anda

Post by da-anda » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:23 pm

Red_F wrote:
huzz456 wrote:Hey thanks for all the great work, just wondering if being able to control series recording through xbmc is going to be doable any time soon?
If it is not in the XBMC GUI then it will never be available.

If this feature is in the GUI and supported by the XBMC PVR API, then it may become available in a future release. Then it depends on whether the ARGUS TV API can support the requirements needed by the XBMC PVR API and available time.
Being a XBMC team member, I can only say that everybody is welcome to make XBMCs scheduler more flexible. Only because the feature is not there yet doens't mean we don't want it - it's just that none of the devs using PVR (which are not that many) didn't have the time or need for it yet. But that doesn't mean we're against improvements in those areas (I'd really love to see this). FernetMenta added hooks that allow PVR addons to show custom configuration options in the LiveTV settings section (only VDR is using it atm AFAIK). Same could be done for timers, so if a backend supports special timer handling it f.e. provides some XML structure (best probably using the new settings system syntax) and XBMC will render it instead of the default dialog. Additionally features could be added to show special icons in EPG (like series recording, conflicts, ...). XBMC is like any other OpenSource software not restricted to team members to contribute code. So if somebody is capable of adding the needed features feel free to send a PR our way. And if you need help on something, just ping me (or write in #xbmc on freenode) and I'll hook you up with the team dev having most knowledge in that area. The only thing to keep in mind is that the code has to be generic and not only suiteable for a specific product/backend.

kra

Post by kra » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:19 pm

Nextpvr has gotham based plugin that now support series recording and advanced scheduling.