Development progress: XBMC Gotham

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
Red_F

Re: Development progress: XBMC Gotham

Post by Red_F » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:53 am

da-anda wrote:....
Being a XBMC team member, ...
Yes, I should have worded my response more careful of course ;).

As it is, I'm currently swamped with work at my regular day job right now. I want to round support for the newest PVR API versions asap, so that ARGUS TV can profit from the newest functionality there.

I'm aware of the existing hooks, but do not intend to (soon) do something with them myself.

Personally I always use the ARGUS TV web interface to schedule recordings. I just grab my phone, go the ARGUS TV epg and add a new schedule. Forwarded a port on my firewall, so it 'just works' from everywhere in the world. But I can see it would be nice to be able to make better use of the rule based ARGUS TV engine from within the XBMC GUI. Maybe something I'll pick up next year then 8-).

Cheers, Fred
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Cool Fred! And never forget people: the work that Fred already did is open source, so basically anyone can jump in to help make this happen :)
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

x-cimo

Post by x-cimo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:42 am

Just installed the latest nightly. But now it say that my argus server is too old? I have 2.1.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:23 am

x-cimo wrote:Just installed the latest nightly. But now it say that my argus server is too old? I have 2.1.
The change log will tell you it needs 2.2 :)

bberger

Post by bberger » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:47 pm

The latest Gotham build lists the PVR plugin as "Incompatible" :(
"You only get what you settle for" (Coach "Hawaii" NFL Europe Summer Camp 2012 in Vienna)

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:01 pm

bberger wrote:The latest Gotham build lists the PVR plugin as "Incompatible" :(
What version of the plugin do you use? what platform are you running on? Do you have a logfile (posted on pastebin or similar)?

The Gotham API version has changed in an incompatible way, so you can not use old versions of the plugin.

Scottland

Post by Scottland » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 am

Is there a separate alpha/beta version of the plugin for Gotham? I'm on 1.9.170 and see the same "incompatible" message on the latest Gotham monthly, although it does partially work.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Scottland wrote:Is there a separate alpha/beta version of the plugin for Gotham? I'm on 1.9.170 and see the same "incompatible" message on the latest Gotham monthly, although it does partially work.
Okay, I compiled Gotham Alpha 10 on Windows. If you look at System / System Info it will say "XBMC 13.0-ALPHA10" on the screen.

Both versions 1.9.170 and 1.9.171 (in since yesterday, just removed one redundant Kai Toast when ARGUS TV server is not powered on) start without any problems.

There is no "incompatible" message on the screen or in the Log file.

Once again please be aware that the XBMC PVR api has changed several times from Frodo (where it was version 1.6) to the current Gotham alpha (where it now is 1.9). The addon reflects this in the version number. And you must use matching versions! There should be messages in the XBMC.log file that tell you what is wrong.

And please, please, please provide details: What version of XBMC (go to the "System / System Info" screen), which version of the addon, what platform are you running XBMC on, upload a copy of your XBMC.log file to http://pastebin.com/ or a similar website and add the link to the uploaded log to your message.

Cheers,
Fred

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Version 1.9.172 (or newer) now should use all your configured pre- and post-recording commands.

Cheers,
Fred

wileecoyote

Post by wileecoyote » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:41 pm

@Red_F,
You had a discussion a while back (see link below), that the channel icons were being re-sized before sent to XBMC. I think you said you and dot-i were going make some changes to allow bigger channel icons? Are those changes going to make it into the Gotham release?

Thread -> viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4400&p=29144&hilit ... ize#p29144

Thanks!
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc/