Xbmc on raspberry pi (openelec) - No live TV possible

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
JoeSmith

Xbmc on raspberry pi (openelec) - No live TV possible

Post by JoeSmith » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Hi guys,
i just bought a pi, but i'm not able to get live tv working.
Recordings (sd+hd) are running fine, but when ever i try to start live tv the system just tells me that its doing something but i'm not getting a picture.
On my server i can see that argus switches to the right channel, so that part is working fine (also working fine on my htpc with mp and other computers via vlc).
I'm using the argus plugin version that is provided by openelec (seems a bit outdated 1.6.166 2013-03-13)

Any advice on how to get live tv working on the pi

Red_F

Re: Xbmc on raspberry pi (openelec) - No live TV possible

Post by Red_F » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi Joe,

no the 1.6.166 version is very current for Frodo. The newer versions are accommodating API changes for the upcoming XBMC "Gotham" release.

I myself am still using an ATV 1 running Crystalbuntu with version 1.6.166.

If you search the forum you'll find a thread with similar symptoms for Live-TV. There appears to be some interaction between XBMC file I/O and network stacks that causes the live-tv file to look like it has zero bytes content.

People have reported that just changing from wired to wireless connections solved and/or caused it. Therefore it looks far outside the scope of the addon.

I know this doesn't help you much, and yes I have made some slight changes in the newer versions of the addon to use other I/O mechanisms. But since this is totally outside of the addon code, and seems to be related to the exact nature of the individual network topology in place, there is no generic solution that I am currently aware of.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

AndreStarTrek

Post by AndreStarTrek » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:02 am

Does this work ATM?

I have this problem with XBMC on Android to

JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:46 am

For me it's still not working. I'm on a test build of gotham (RasPi) and using the latest version of the plugin.
I can play recordings if i try to access them via smb added to videos, but if i try to access recordings via the tv-plugin it just hangs there for some time and does nothing.
It's really sad, because using a cheap raspberry pi to access tv would be really great

Joe

Mohjos

Post by Mohjos » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:03 pm

JoeSmith wrote:For me it's still not working. I'm on a test build of gotham (RasPi) and using the latest version of the plugin.
I can play recordings if i try to access them via smb added to videos, but if i try to access recordings via the tv-plugin it just hangs there for some time and does nothing.
It's really sad, because using a cheap raspberry pi to access tv would be really great

Joe
I had the same problem with Gotham on Android. If I tried watching LiveTV or play recordings via the tv-plugin it just showed "Working..".
I solved the problem by creating a passwords.xml for this samba share.

Code: Select all

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://TVSERVER/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:password@TVSERVER/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

markius

Post by markius » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:01 pm

Mohjos wrote:I had the same problem with Gotham on Android. If I tried watching LiveTV or play recordings via the tv-plugin it just showed "Working..".
I solved the problem by creating a passwords.xml for this samba share.

Code: Select all

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://TVSERVER/</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:password@TVSERVER/</to>
    </path>
</passwords>
Thanks for this! I was struggling with the same problem as the OP and this fixed it.

JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:35 pm

sadly it's still not working for me.
I already had the entry in my passwords.xml because i used the folders in the videos section of xbmc :-(

markius

Post by markius » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 pm

The paths are CaSe SeNsItIvE. Have a look at xbmc.log to see if the plugin is using a different case to the one in your passwords.xml file.

JoeSmith

Post by JoeSmith » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:02 pm

markius wrote:The paths are CaSe SeNsItIvE. Have a look at xbmc.log to see if the plugin is using a different case to the one in your passwords.xml file.
:D :o :roll: :P :P :P :P :P :P :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
YEAAAAAH! now it's working. THANKS A LOT !!!