Buffering issues - i need help!

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
daveb500

Buffering issues - i need help!

Post by daveb500 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 pm

I'm having occasional buffering problems. It happens about every 30 mins on average and its driving me nuts!. SD channels normally recover. HD channels often don't and return back to the channel list.

I'm running the latest version of Openelec on a ZBOX ID41 with a SSD and 4Gb RAM

I have a wired network 100m/bits. I've just tried putting a laptop in the hub next to the ZBOX running some network performance software back to the server. Average speed was about 90m/bits with occasional drops but nothing drastic. When the buffering happened, there were no drops in network performance.

XBMC plays normal videos (SD and HD) from fine but i get the same buffering issues with recorded TV.

I'm about to capture some logs and will post shortly.

I should just add that i've done no end of searching and research but no joy so far.

daveb500

Re: Buffering issues - i need help!

Post by daveb500 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:03 pm

Well, I think I might have fixed it. I've been looking at this for weeks but when I typed this yesterday, it ocurred to me that my general videos are on a NAS but my TV recordings and buffer files are on the internal PC drives. So I've moved them from 1 physical drive to another. So far, it looks to be significantly better. So it is looking like it could be a hardware fault on the server.

I'll do more tests and then confirm.

daveb500

Re: Buffering issues - i need help!

Post by daveb500 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:35 pm

Well, i took the plung on Friday and purchased a new PC with Windows 7. Spent all weekend getting it set-up again and so far, so good. I think my problems were either Disk, or sick old PC!