[Windows XBMC Frodo]Record series.

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
sgibbers17

[Windows XBMC Frodo]Record series.

Post by sgibbers17 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:45 am

Is there a way to record a series like the Windows Media Center plugin for XBMC?

Red_F

Re: [Windows XBMC Frodo]Record series.

Post by Red_F » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:24 am

sgibbers17 wrote:Is there a way to record a series like the Windows Media Center plugin for XBMC?
There probably is, but it is not implemented in the current addon.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

sgibbers17

Re: [Windows XBMC]Record series.

Post by sgibbers17 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:49 pm

With the upcoming release of XBMC 13 will there be an update to the addon to allow for series recordings? WMCserver has series recording for both v12 and v13, NextPVR has series recordings now for v13. being able to make series recording within XBMC is the only thing that is holding me back from moving from WMC to Argus TV.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:29 pm

I have not done any work on implementing this feature.

h0dges

Post by h0dges » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:00 am

As a new user of argus TV PLEASE implement series recording in the xbmc add on! This is probably the last feature that's preventing it from being wife-friendly.

That is the top of my wishlist (the others are genre colouring in the EPG and retrieval of broadcast channel numbers for correct ordering of channels)

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:18 am

There is no support for this feature within XBMC at this moment, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187356.

A few addons have hacked around this, but that takes more time then I have available at this moment.

Since this is all open source, people that are willing and able can fork my repo on Github at https://github.com/Red-F/xbmc-pvr-addons. Then implement this feature and send me a Pull Request. After reviewing the code can then be included and made available for everyone.

Channel sorting is done via the Logical Channel Number (LCN) when you enable the option within XBMC. The LCN is filled automatically for many tuners. In my case at home where I have DVB-C with hd homerun tuners the LCN was empty. I edited the LCN fields in the ARGUS Scheduler Console application on the tab 'Channels'.