[solved] XBMC PVR-plugin for Argus 2.3?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
Christoph21x

[solved] XBMC PVR-plugin for Argus 2.3?

Post by Christoph21x » Wed May 21, 2014 8:44 am

Dear Red_F, dear All

Is there anything planned concerning the changes coming up with Argus 2.3 REST API? Maybe already an alpha or sth.?
My xbmc (G13.1b2) continues deleting and re-adding schedules... until the add-in crashes

Kind regards - Chris

EDIT: or maybe an update of the existing preventing it to start when Argus 2.3 is detected?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Christoph21x

Re: XBMC PVR-plugin for Argus 2.3?

Post by Christoph21x » Wed May 21, 2014 8:52 am

Red_F wrote:I was not aware that the 2.3 version was giving problems, will look into it this week.

Most likely, in case of problems, we need to fix Argus TV to re-instate previous behaviour.
Thanks for your immediate response.
I'll check exactly today, what is working/not working and report back, before you start investigating. eg. EPG load works, etc. will come back with more detailed info.
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Wed May 21, 2014 8:52 am

I was not aware that the 2.3 version was giving problems, will look into it this week.

Most likely, in case of problems, we need to fix Argus TV to re-instate previous behaviour.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed May 21, 2014 10:59 am

Hi Red_F again. Thanks again for answering so quickly.

I double-checked the systems running here after a fresh startup of all systems.
#1: I think, the PVR plugin need NO change to basically run with Argus 2.3
#2: I think, my faults could reflect an inherent timing/timeout issue withing PVR plugin, when the Argus timing changes.

From what I see:
  • All functionality is present
  • Running XMBC with only ONE tuner active in Argus --> everything fine & good, changes (delete, create, create series, deactivate recordings) in schedule are reflected with a (longer than in 2.2.2 but) normal delay as "PVR Information" in Argus.
  • Activating the second recorder server brings up the problems (stopped xbmc, activated recorder, refreshed cache in Argus, started xbmc):
    • Initial load is performed ok like above
    • Adding a recording/series performed ok as above
    • deleting a recording or a series leads to a permanant loop of PVR information: "recording deleted" iterates through all recording, then "planned recording" (or conflict) and then starts again with deleting than planning, etc. (This went on like this yesterday more than 3 hours until add-on stopped / was unavailable)
    • During this deleting session on the upper right corner the "next recording" disappeared and remained empty
  • Switching back to one single recorder during this delete/planning loop: "next recording appeared again but loop didn't end
  • Switching back to one single recorder after xbmc ended and restart of xbmc --> everything perfect again.
Will post this also in the Beta6 section. I guess, there is on PVR side a timeout issue and on Argus side a speed issue - the "2nd recorder" is the one which is extremely slow and lacks of responsiveness in my system since Argus 2.3

So: no MUS to do sth., but maybe a consideration if there might be an improvement.

Kind regards - Chris

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Wed May 21, 2014 4:30 pm

In a 'real' situation you probably want to connect XBMC only to one ARGUS TV PVR Server. And have that single ARGUS TV control two recorders.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Wed May 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Red_F wrote:In a 'real' situation you probably want to connect XBMC only to one ARGUS TV PVR Server. And have that single ARGUS TV control two recorders.
That's what I have. One scheduler (=PVR server) and two recorders. Connecting the main one - no problem. adding the 2nd - as described above.
Maybe I didn't express well, sorry.

dot-i
Site Admin

Post by dot-i » Wed May 21, 2014 5:03 pm

This shouldn't cause any issues, but in any case, if there's something that needs fixing it will be fixed in 2.3 and not in the plugin - like Fred already suggested.
I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf. -- Robert Bloch

Christoph21x

Re: [solved] XBMC PVR-plugin for Argus 2.3?

Post by Christoph21x » Sat May 24, 2014 7:59 am

Just fyi: solved with Argus 2.3 beta 7

swera

Re: [solved] XBMC PVR-plugin for Argus 2.3?

Post by swera » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:39 am

Hey, I'd like to thank you for all the information you've given. I'm looking for an apartment and this is helping me a lot!
Pass your 70-646 free exam pdf - braindumps.com on first attempt using VMWARE and other resources. We offer 100% success in real exam with up to date testking a+ prepared by experts.