Android xbmc argus cant play recordings

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
sweets

Android xbmc argus cant play recordings

Post by sweets » Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:56 am

Hello,

I have a working argus 2.2.1 /xbmc 13.1 setup running on several Windows 8.1 and openelec raspberry pi devices.

I want to get rid of the ipads and go Android, but cannot get the argus plugin working with any Android device.

Tested on 4.4.2 Sony Xperia Z2 (Arm) and 4.2.2 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (x86).

The argus plugin connects, downloads channel and guide info. When trying to play live tv, it hangs and returns an error 5-10 minutes later. Recorded TV is generally fine.

I'm happy to post debug logs etc, but firstly I wanted to check if android devices are supported?

Christoph21x

Re: Android xbmc argus cant play recordings

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:00 am

sweets wrote:I'm happy to post debug logs etc, but firstly I wanted to check if android devices are supported?
Hey sweets. Android xbmc is far from being bugfree. I use it here, too; same issues with Live TV.
Some weeks back, there was no support at all in Android xbmc - so this is rather an xbmc issue and "work in progress". So currently - not possible, it doesn't work.
Playing streams (internet) and all recordings from video section, that works fine...
(Android xbmc 13.1RC1 on i86 android here)
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sweets

Re: Android xbmc argus cant play recordings

Post by sweets » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:55 am

Cheers for the quick response. Might have to look at alternatives (if any!). Still amazes me that in 2014 there still is no unified home/cross device wide media software platform. Easily willing to pay good money for it, if there was someone putting forward a good platform.

Update: mediaportal pre 1.8 seems to work pretty well across all my devices, but is a long way off the polish and the guide functions of argus. Works for now.