Sorting recordings - single recordings mixed with folders.

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
elsmandino

Sorting recordings - single recordings mixed with folders.

Post by elsmandino » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:52 am

Hi,

At the moment, XBMC lists all my recordings in two distinct groups - all the single recordings at the top and then all the multiple recordings folders beneath.

If I choose to sort by date, I would get the single recordings sorted by date and then the folders separately.

Is there any way to sort them all together? For example, so the folders are based upon the date of the latest recording?

Mediaportal had this as standard in later editions, so I was hoping that it might be a quick option change in XBMC somewhere.

Thanks

PaulAEvans

Re: Sorting recordings - single recordings mixed with folder

Post by PaulAEvans » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:22 am

Simplest way is to create two entries for file format, one for series and other for single each can be allocated its own directory. When recordings are entered use newly created drop down option (series or single) to record to series or single directories.

The sorting is usually left to client playback device, ie on my system XBMC Openelec on RPI where the sorting can be as you are looking for
Server: Gigabyte GA-Ex58-UD3R Intel i7 Corsair 6GB;Os on Sandisk 128GB SSD; TBS 6984 QuadDVB-S2, Nova-DT Dual DVB-T, Win7 SP1, Argus 2.3, SQLExp 2012
Clients: 3x XBMC RaspPi;1x ASUS A8N-VM CSM AMD 4200+ 2GB RAM, Win7 SP1 MP1.6/XBMC,Argus 2.3

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi Paul,

I messed around with two separate entries as suggested but XBMC insists on group multiple recordings separately from singe recordings.

I did find this earlier post (which explains the issue much better than I did):

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4153

But unfortunately, it has gone unresolved on both here and the XBMC forum - this is strange as I assumed that there must be an easy fix for this.

I will re-post on the XBMC to see if there have been any updates but in the meantime, is there anything else I might try?

cncb

Post by cncb » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:52 pm

I tried out the WMC pvr plugin and the recordings are always displayed in folders even if there is only one. Maybe this could be an option for the Argus plugin? It also would prevent the alarming behavior of when deleting the second to last recording of a folder, it looks like you accidentally deleted two recordings because the last one "jumps" outside the folder to the main list.

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:20 am

Really good point - the amount of times I think I have accidentally deleted an unwatched recording, only to realise that it has jumped down the list as a single recording. :?

quartermain

Post by quartermain » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Also if you create multiple entries for file formats with different parent folders, XBMC does not show that structure. I record into one of three folders - one for my wife, one for me and one for shared programs. On the old PVR we had you see all three folders so you can just browse for relevant recordings, on the XBMC client you see them all in one list.

Since everything is recorded to a NAS you can just go via Videos and see the folder structure, but then you don't get any info from the Argus database such as the synopsis.

XBMC isn't alone - the same thing happens with MediaPortal.

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Thu May 21, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi,

Further to the below, have there been any developments as to how the mixing of single files and folders might be achieved?

There has been some discussion of it on the Kodi forum (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=150520) and one possible workaround might be to put all single recordings into a folder as well - how easy might this be to implement.

As was also pointed out, Argus Scheduler has no problem with mixing single files with folders - it is just getting the plugin to do the same.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 pm

This fork includes grouping single recordings in folders viewtopic.php?f=60&t=5761 but I haven't got the plugin to work yet.

elsmandino

Post by elsmandino » Fri May 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Excellent - shall definitely try this out.

Is it expected to work with Helix 14.2 on a raspberry pi?