[Query] Live TV on XBMC (13.1) not working?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
sojourner353

[Query] Live TV on XBMC (13.1) not working?

Post by sojourner353 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:16 am

Hi all,

First post here, been reading the forums for a while now trying to resolve my problem which is when I select a live broadcast in XBMC (13.1) the Working... icon just appears in the bottom left and nothing is streamed.

I verify in ARGUS TV Recorder Console on my Windows Server that the plugin is actually partly working because I can see in the Active Streams page the Live stream is active and working as it should.

I have come to the conclusion its a network issue because I installed XBMC on the localhost enabled the plugin and set it up identically to the client trying to access the stream and it works flawless on the localhost.

I have been looking for ports that may need to be forwarded to get this to work and it seems everyone has a different answer and setup online, my setup is stock with no port changes during the setup so I imagine its just a poet issue but as to which one I have no idea, currently I have open 49943 but I assume there would be others that need to be opened, I have also disabled Windows Firewall during the testing and that yielded no change.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Christoph21x

Re: [Query] Live TV on XBMC (13.1) not working?

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:37 am

If you open the Scheduler Console on the 2nd machine (also Win PC?) - do you get a live stream there? Scheduler Console --> Life TV
Are the timeshift folders accessible from the 2nd PC? (Access rights)
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sojourner353

Post by sojourner353 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:49 am

Sorry all my clients are Android devices, they all see the host and the epg updates fine they just don't receive the live stream.

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:31 am

sojourner353 wrote:Sorry all my clients are Android devices, they all see the host and the epg updates fine they just don't receive the live stream.
So I´m sorry to say, that it seems, Live TV doesn´t work on XBMC for Android devices with Argus TV PVR-plugin (incl. 13.2 beta 1; tested yesterday).
You could just launch a recording and watch this...
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

sojourner353

Post by sojourner353 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:23 am

Christoph21x wrote:
sojourner353 wrote:Sorry all my clients are Android devices, they all see the host and the epg updates fine they just don't receive the live stream.
So I´m sorry to say, that it seems, Live TV doesn´t work on XBMC for Android devices with Argus TV PVR-plugin (incl. 13.2 beta 1; tested yesterday).
All good thanks, hopefully one day it will work, it's the best backend imo, others work I have tried but they lack pause and skip functionality in their frontends on xbmc but that's another topic, cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro

sojourner353

Post by sojourner353 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 am

Christoph21x wrote:
All good thanks, hopefully one day it will work, it's the best backend imo, others work I have tried but they lack pause and skip functionality in their frontends on xbmc but that's another topic, cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:29 am

sojourner353 wrote:All good thanks, hopefully one day it will work, it's the best backend imo, others work I have tried but they lack pause and skip functionality in their frontends on xbmc but that's another topic, cheers.
I absolutely agree with you. I think, a fix is soon be done, my feeling is, it's just a small step - maybe smb access issue to the timeshift folder... (my Samsung tablet, for example, has no cifs modules built in, so this may at the end also be a build issue of the manufacturers - which makes me then less confident :) )

mhoogenbosch

Post by mhoogenbosch » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:21 pm

My experience is exactly the same, with an Raspberry Pi. Using the latest openelec build. It has Argus plugin 176.

It gets all channels, incl the logo's. When i start a channel it doesn't do nothing on xbmc, it says buffering but keeps at 0%.

When i look at argus, i can see the channel being changed and i see it getting streamed. So there is some sort of communication.

sojourner353

Post by sojourner353 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:44 pm

For now I'm using MediaPortal, it has pause and skip so their the main things I wanted on the streaming, as soon a Argus works will go back to it because it's the best when it works.

Sent from my HTC One M8x using Tapatalk Pro

mhoogenbosch

Post by mhoogenbosch » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:50 pm

sojourner353 wrote:For now I'm using MediaPortal, it has pause and skip so their the main things I wanted on the streaming, as soon a Argus works will go back to it because it's the best when it works.

Sent from my HTC One M8x using Tapatalk Pro
Forgot to answer in this thread, but i've got things working. After some digging around in the log files and crosschecking them with various sources on the internet if figured out it is pretty simple. Just add the server with the same username / pass as you have your connection to Argus as an SMB source.

That's it, after rebooting both my Intel NUC and Raspberry PI worked instantly.