EPG-Channel sorting

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
luetty

EPG-Channel sorting

Post by luetty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:10 am

Hi Guys,

i fight with a issue withn the last x-month and it can be important for others too.
In conjunction with the needing to fresh up the wiki for xmbc/kodi, i like to ask for a solution.

If i install and use xmbc on a Windows machine, the EPG-channelorder is fully right and same, i've Setup in Argus and use in MePo.
If i use the same configuration on Andorid OR Linux-Clients, the sorting order is always shuffled. This means that the channel order is shuffled again on every epg-request. So it is not usefull for me.

Has anyone the same issue? Have tried all configuration Options, but nothing helps.
screenshot000.png
Windows-Client, right channel order
screenshot000.png (812.46 KiB) Viewed 5284 times
Screenshot_2014-09-11-00-51-29.png
andorid-client (as example) - always shuffled sort order
Screenshot_2014-09-11-00-51-29.png (877.09 KiB) Viewed 5284 times

I've also missing the channel-pictures on Android/linux, but i think it's realy xbmc related.

thanks for any hint
luetty

Christoph21x

Re: EPG-Channel sorting

Post by Christoph21x » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 am

Hi luetty

No problems here; Win, Android & OpenELEC. Did you activate ¨use channel orders from the backebd¨? I have it activated.
Try to reset PVR database.

Greetz . Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

luetty

Post by luetty » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Christoph21x wrote:Hi luetty

No problems here; Win, Android & OpenELEC. Did you activate ¨use channel orders from the backebd¨? I have it activated.
Try to reset PVR database.

Greetz . Chris
Hi Chris,

this option is activated and i've resettet the pvr-db many times, without success. Maybe the problem is, that i don't have channelgroups (except the glory "all channels").

ciao
luetty

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:17 am

luetty wrote:Hi Chris,

this option is activated and i've resettet the pvr-db many times, without success. Maybe the problem is, that i don't have channelgroups (except the glory "all channels").

ciao
luetty
Good morning luetty
I heard that some people tended to have issues if they
- have no channel numbering
- have duplicate numbers
- don´t the complete order of channels, means: left-out channel numbers, like 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 10,... or
- didn´t deactivate the channels with no numbers

Greetz - Chris
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

rudig

Post by rudig » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Sounds like we could improve argus here right?

luetty

Post by luetty » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Chris,

you're the HERO :D
Counted the LCN within the db, resettet pvr-db and it works!!!

cool, thanks!

I'd never LCN used, this field was NULL the last YEARS. I was every time thinking, that the sortorder for channels comes from Sequence,DisplayName of channels table.
And it seems that this is not important for MePo an XBMC on Windows, just on Android/Linux.

Where comes this number normaly from? Everybody has to Setup manualy? Not realy - or?

THANKS AND NICE WEEKEND!
;)

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:05 pm

luetty wrote:Where comes this number normaly from? Everybody has to Setup manualy? Not realy - or?

THANKS AND NICE WEEKEND!
;)
Dear luetty - I'm glad, that this solved your issue. In fact - YES: manual setup. Argus doesn't need the numbers, it just provides them to the front-end and it can be used to have a customized channel sorting ("sort by LCN").
rudig wrote:Sounds like we could improve argus here right?
This is a front-end issue, not an Argus' one.

Channel numbers (LCN) are used within the front-end to "simulate" a TV functionality - to be able to directly access certain channels by entering numbers (via remote).

Thanks, luetty, for your kind words - and a happy & nice week-end for you and your family, too!

Kind greetz - Chris

PS: I'll add this to the troubleshooting paragraph of the Wiki article.

rudig

Post by rudig » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:23 am

But if we have argus automatically generatie these numbers for you than this whole issue would not happen right?

The better argus does things out of the box, the bigger your userbase will become.
Or is bigger userbase not important?