Where to for XBMC/Kodi & Argus?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
c128

Re: Where to for XBMC/Kodi & Argus?

Post by c128 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:38 am

ams123 wrote: Cannot fix the main issue, I just you the web interface for series recordings but I can fix the home issue for the remote. Edit remote.xml and map this to the button you want to use for home, ActivateWindow(Home), you may need to do it in a few places to make sure it's universal but works for me.
Interesting... I use an Flirc as my remote receiver, so I'm at the mercy of what's presented within its configuration tool if there's no direct keyboard mapping - not sure what that button is mapped too at the moment, will check. Might even be a workaround now.

The web interface I do use on occasion for series record, but it's a (clunky) workaround, IMHO - especially when you compare it to Mediaportal...

ams123

Post by ams123 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:20 pm

The thing is you can map buttons in flirc but also you can customize the remote.xml mapping of what the button does within Kodi. So you use flirc to map some command from you hardware remote to some unused button like green teltex and than use remote.xml map it to the home command in kodi.

pps4

Post by pps4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:40 am

I originally tried to post this in its own thread but it hasn't shown up yet so I'll do it here as well...

I've recently returned to Argus TV after a year or so on WMC. I got tired of the lack of support or new features from Microsoft and the proprietary recording formats...and many other things. Argus has been excellent for me but the lack of a series recording feature on the Kodi PVR addon was causing the spousal acceptance factor to go way down. So I added it.

About 87% of the code is from the Server.WMC addon so all credit to krustyreturns and scrarecrow420.

There have been a number of changes in the PVR addon area in Kodi since the Isengard alpha. For one, the new offical github is:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr

My fork where you can try the changes is at:

https://github.com/patrickplummers4/pvr.argustv

For those who can't / won't compile from source, there's a packages folder with a windows/linux build zip file. It should install like any other addon.

Some requirements:

* A fairly recent Isengard nightly build: the PVR API version 1.9.6 is required.
* There are two Kodi dialog screens (xml file) pvr.argustv/resources/skins/skin.confluence/720p. These must be copied to the real skin.confluence folder on your system. In Windows the install process takes care of this usually but in Linux you'll have to do it manually. If you use OpenElec (like me) you have to copy the confluence folder and rename it because the place OpenElec puts it is on a readonly filesystem. Once you've renamed it and put it into your normal addons folder, you can use the Settings menu to switch to it and you should be good. Right now though I haven't been able to get OpenELEC to work because it's still on Helix and I haven't found any dev builds. If anyone knows of an Isengard build for openelec, let me know and I'll make sure it works.

The linux build mentioned above was tested on Ubuntu 14.10 and a nightly from the nightly ppa.

c128

Post by c128 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 pm

This looks potentially interesting, WRT Argus TV and Series Record:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=222883

...not tried it yet, personally, and it requires a recent Isengard build.

Still - looks hopeful.

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 am

That looks very promising!

I've just gone back to OpenElec/Kodi for my Brix 2807 as deinterlacing has been fixed for Bay Trail, plus Emby for Kodi has centralised my videos (TV & movies), so if Argus on Kodi becomes full featured, changing to Kodi is a no-brainer.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:54 pm

One of the "new" additions for Isengard (Kodi 15.0) that we are thinking about is support for series recording. Unclear at this moment is how much of the sophisticated features of Argus TV will/can be supported from within Kodi.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!

logifuse

Post by logifuse » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:25 am

Thanks for the update.

silencerbob

Post by silencerbob » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:27 am

Hi all!

Im new to Argus and an old hat with MediaPortal and xbmc from back in the xbox days.

Trying out the new NVidia shield android tv with Kodi. It seems the MP plugin for Kodi is well done except theres no timeshifting as it uses ffmpeg and not rstp .. so at the end of all that theres no timeshifting plugin for kodi. So ive been looking here and got my argus installed and set up. I can get Argus to schedule and play live stream on the pc(using VLC it seems), the timeshift and recording fifles go where they are supposed to and EPG is fine.

On Kodi however I get only the "channel" view. EPG crashes. Recordings do not play. Live streaming doesn't work(buffering 0%).. I can make a new video folder in kodi and play the timeshift and recordings files there perfectly.. but not in "My TV". Little frustrating that some people have it working and I don't *grr*

Im using kodi 15 beta 1 isengard on android on nexus 7, nexus 9 and NVidia shield tv with the Argus TV client(1.10.5) and Argus TV 2.3

Little help!?

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Hi silencerbob

First of all: a warm welcome to this forum & Argus TV.
For Android devices, you should check the following Wiki section "Troubleshooting" - Android and your described issue is especially mentioned: http://www.argus-tv.com/wiki/index.php? ... leshooting

Kind greetz - Chris
silencerbob wrote:Hi all!

Im new to Argus and an old hat with MediaPortal and xbmc from back in the xbox days.

Trying out the new NVidia shield android tv with Kodi. It seems the MP plugin for Kodi is well done except theres no timeshifting as it uses ffmpeg and not rstp .. so at the end of all that theres no timeshifting plugin for kodi. So ive been looking here and got my argus installed and set up. I can get Argus to schedule and play live stream on the pc(using VLC it seems), the timeshift and recording fifles go where they are supposed to and EPG is fine.

On Kodi however I get only the "channel" view. EPG crashes. Recordings do not play. Live streaming doesn't work(buffering 0%).. I can make a new video folder in kodi and play the timeshift and recordings files there perfectly.. but not in "My TV". Little frustrating that some people have it working and I don't *grr*

Im using kodi 15 beta 1 isengard on android on nexus 7, nexus 9 and NVidia shield tv with the Argus TV client(1.10.5) and Argus TV 2.3

Little help!?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

silencerbob

Post by silencerbob » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:41 am

Thanks for that!

I don't see any Android specific section on the wiki there. I log in with my windows username and pw in the argustv plugin for Kodi.. Only half of it works. It probably has something to do with folders.. I just give access to "everyone" and it should work but doesn't.. Neither live TV or recordings are watchable.

Can some1 simply tell me if timeshifting works in Kodi on Android please!