Is the plugin still in development?

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
marcelmah

Is the plugin still in development?

Post by marcelmah » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Hi,

I notice that since I updated to Kodi 14, then 14.1 and now beta 14.2 the Kodi / ArgusTV is getting more and more troublesome.
I updated to the beta hoping it might have some fixes...

Argus TV itself works perfect (I Think), I guess it's only the Kodi plugin that isn't as stable anymore (always had some issues, but the ones that I experience now are annoying).

Is the plugin still under active development?
Where can I see a changelog?

The most annoying problem is that my Live TV sometimes hangs and then I need to start the channel again.
The recordings aren't updated anymore, I used to be able to trigger an update by clicking on recordings again. It now only updates when I remove a recording.
When I create a timer from the guide it records the program that is in front of the one I want to record.

Just to name a few...
Windows 8 x64, Kodi 15.2, Argus TV 2.3, TBS3102 5 cardreader with Delta digitale TV, OSCam and ACamd using 4 Digital Devices DVB-C tuners (Octopus v3 and two x DuoFlex v2)

bluc

Re: Is the plugin still in development?

Post by bluc » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 pm

What problems are you having? Am using kodi 14.2 and I never have issues. It works better than any other TV back end I have tried. Perhaps you should try a full reinstall of modi is take all settings off as well and try again from scratch.

marcelmah

Post by marcelmah » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:15 pm

My first post already contains the most annoying problems that I am experiencing.

Starting from scratch would be a last resort, I would like to know if someone is still developing this plugin.
Windows 8 x64, Kodi 15.2, Argus TV 2.3, TBS3102 5 cardreader with Delta digitale TV, OSCam and ACamd using 4 Digital Devices DVB-C tuners (Octopus v3 and two x DuoFlex v2)

wileecoyote

Post by wileecoyote » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:16 pm

I agree with bluc, you might consider a rebuild since you are having so many issues. I am running three clients with Kodi 14.2 and one with Kodi 15 Alpha 1 and have no issues other than the resume from standby message which Red-F is trying to resolve as we speak...

And yes, the add-on is still in development. Red-F is doing what he can, when he can to assist with issues.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc/

marcelmah

Post by marcelmah » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:01 pm

Great that it's still in development, is there any way of seeing the development, GIT or anything?

wileecoyote

Post by wileecoyote » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 am

marcelmah wrote:Great that it's still in development, is there any way of seeing the development, GIT or anything?
Here is the official GIT repository for Kodi PVR addons -> https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons. Developers fork off of it, make changes and submit them to be accepted.

It's been a while since any changes have been made to the Argus add-on. Red-F has been extremely busy, but is making time to help sort out some issues.
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc/

pps4

Post by pps4 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:42 am

Has Red-F taken possession of the new github site? No one seems to be looking at it.

Red_F

Post by Red_F » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Basically the new Git structure was being set up over the last three months. I have posted a message about getting write access or membership to be able to merge changes.

As to the question if it is still in development, my answer would be yes - but.

Yes, it is under development in the sense that it is being updated with the new API version numbers so that it can be used with the newer Kodi versions.

But, since the PVR API has only been extended, not changed, not much work has been needed.

One thing under consideration is the support for series recording.

But because the API has been very stable since 2012 there really wasn't much need to change the addon. Almost all of the problems posted in this forum have been resolved without any code changes.

One particular area of troubles seems to be related to on-site network topology (ie. how is your home network organised). This is causing al sorts of troubles (from inaccessible recordings, to excessive buffering and/or hanging during playback). However this is far beyond the reach of the addon (or even Kodi).

Regards,
Fred
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional!