New plugin features - Series recording - Testers needed

Access your ARGUS TV system from your sofa using Kodi or XBMC (http://kodi.tv/)
pps4

New plugin features - Series recording - Testers needed

Post by pps4 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 am

I've recently returned to Argus TV after a year or so on WMC. I got tired of the lack of support or new features from Microsoft and the proprietary recording formats...and many other things. Argus has been excellent for me but the lack of a series recording feature on the Kodi PVR addon was causing the spousal acceptance factor to go way down. So I added it.

About 87% of the code is from the Server.WMC addon so all credit to krustyreturns and scrarecrow420.

There have been a number of changes in the PVR addon area in Kodi since the Isengard alpha. For one, the new offical github is:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr

My fork where you can try the changes is at:

https://github.com/patrickplummers4/pvr.argustv

For those who can't / won't compile from source, there's a packages folder with a windows build zip file. It should install like any other addon.

Some requirements:

* A fairly recent Isengard nightly build: the PVR API version 1.9.6 is required.
* There are two Kodi dialog screens (xml file) pvr.argustv/resources/skins/skin.confluence/720p. These must be copied to the real skin.confluence folder on your system. In Windows the install process takes care of this usually but in Linux you'll have to do it manually. If you use OpenElec (like me) you have to copy the confluence folder and rename it because the place OpenElec puts it is on a readonly filesystem. Once you've renamed it and put it into your normal addons folder, you can use the Settings menu to switch to it and you should be good.

I don't have a build for Linux yet -- I'm still sorting out my Linux dev environment. Hopefully I'll have that up in a day or so. If someone want's to do it, feel free.

logifuse

Re: New plugin features - Series recording - Testers needed

Post by logifuse » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:57 am

Thanks for this work, I'm going to do some testing this weekend.

One other aspect that needs some tweaking is the layout of the recordings screen. At the moment it's really only a list view (which is fine), but when you select group recordings, the individual recordings get pushed down below all the groups. A better approach would be to have them inter-mixed (as per MediaPortal) where group recordings are listed as per the date of their most recent recording, so you might have:

Show A (group) - Today
Show B - Yesterday
Show C - 2 days ago
Show D (group) - 3 days ago
etc

instead of as it is now:

Show A (group) - Today
Show D (group) - 3 days ago
Show B - yesterday
Show C - 2 days ago
etc

logifuse

Re: New plugin features - Series recording - Testers needed

Post by logifuse » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:40 am

I see that you've already addressed the recordings list in one of the branches - thanks.

I haven't got the plugin working yet - will post in the other thread that already exists about the DLL error.

Edit: can't find the other thread - maybe it's on the Kodi forum. :oops:

Anyway, with 15 Alpha 2, you get a DLL error. I'm going to try Alpha 1 & see if that works.