SchedulesDirect JSON client

Other clients written by the community
geoffstewart

Re: SchedulesDirect JSON client

Post by geoffstewart » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 am

The filename of the logo it creates does not have the CALLSIGN?

RxBrad

Post by RxBrad » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:32 am

geoffstewart wrote:The filename of the logo it creates does not have the CALLSIGN?
It has the callsign. It just doesn't plug in the actual channel number. Each filename starts with the literal text "{LogicalChannelNumber}".

So, instead of "8.1 WOODDT", it's "{LogicalChannelNumber} WOODDT", for example.

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:05 am

Hi there,

I figured out the problem with the logo names.... here's a new version that hopefully fixes the problem.

Cheers.

Geoff
Attachments
GuideImporter-TESTv1.6.zip
new version fixes logo names for ATSC channels
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 1583 times

et23kochie

Post by et23kochie » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:47 am

geoffstewart wrote:Hi there,

I figured out the problem with the logo names.... here's a new version that hopefully fixes the problem.

Cheers.

Geoff
Is that the only change?

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:06 am

et23kochie wrote:
geoffstewart wrote:Hi there,

Cheers.

Geoff
Is that the only change?
Yes, that's it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wayloncovil

Post by wayloncovil » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 pm

geoffstewart,

Thank you VERY, VERY much for putting together this excellent JSON plugin for Schedules Direct. Thank you. It works wonderfully.

I have a few suggestions and a couple of questions.

It took me a few trys to get the ZIP file unzipped correctly so my drop down options were populated.

It would be nice to have an installer that does the following:
Unpacks the files and puts them in the Argus TV program folder.
Creates a shortcut on the Windows start menu in the Argus TV Start Menu section to run the guide importer.
Install the guide importer in a way where it doesn't activate UAC when it's launched.
Add a button for users to click if they want the scheduled task to run automatically. (And then the task runs automatically).

It's my understand that the JSON feed includes additional information about the show; box art, cast, etc.
It would be nice to have this additional information available to the Argus scheduler.

The above are the "nice to haves". Here's something (IMO) that's worthy of a higher priority feature enhancement...
It's my understanding that the each show has it's own's number (or code). It's also my understanding that each episode has it's own number/code.
I believe that the Argus TV scheduling engine uses the name of the show when recording series. Is this correct?
If so, it would seem more reliable for the scheduling engine to use the show's code and schedule against that rather than the name. Am I correct/Would you agree?
Regarding the episode code... (slight side bar)
In Windows Media Center, I scheduled it to record a movie. After it was recorded, I noticed that it started 15 minutes late. I was disappointed. I checked the guide to see if there were any additional showings. There was an additional showing and, interestingly, Windows Media Center had already scheduled it to record. Checking in another forum, I confirmed that Windows Media Center does in fact schedule a recording again if the show isn't fully recorded and if another airing is available. I'm guessing this logic could be used for scheduling conflicts as well. If Two shows are to be recorded at the same time, and there's only 1 tuner available, can the scheduling engine look for another showing of the same episode and reschedule the recording to accommodate?

Thanks! I'm enjoying Argus TV.

facted

Post by facted » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Thank you so much for the great plugin! I was using the old schedule importer + guide enhancer but clearly this is the best of both worlds :)

One question, how would I go about running this automatically?

I've started a task running the .exe with the following paramater plugin=SchedulesDirectJSONService

However, all that does is open the .exe without actually running (and clickdirect is chosen in the menu item).

Thanks!

cfarence

Post by cfarence » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:26 am

I've been running into an issue for a about 2 weeks now. Just haven't had the time to make a post about it. The guide importer is running in the following error "The given key was not present in the dictionary". I'm not exactly sure what is going on, it was working fine for weeks and then all of a sudden it can't complete the import. It will run about 68% until it stops and runs into this error and exits. It always happens on this particular channel Fox Sports I think it was. I have tried telling it to skip that channel but it will just error on another one. It will import the first 67% of channels and it will show up in the guide, its just once it runs into this error it no longer works.

I was wondering if anyone has been running into a similar problem. I can post whatever logs are needed to help diagnose the problem. I don't know if schedules direct is return malformed json or what.

wayloncovil

Post by wayloncovil » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:47 pm

I setup a task to run everyday at 4 AM to update the guide with the following criteria:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ARGUS TV\Guide Importer\ArgusTV.GuideImporter.exe"
And the "Add arguments" option:
plugin=SchedulesDirectJSONService mode=quiet

I noticed that the GuideImporter.log doesn't update when the task scheduler kicks off the guide importer.

I did check the general log in the Argus TV scheduler program and it does say that at ~4 AM the guide importer started and that at ~4:08 AM the guide importer stopped.

That's about the right amount of time for it to run.

I'm unsure if the guide was actually updated. Any way to check?

It would be nice if the GuideImporter.log would have the detailed items. Any switch I could use to update the log?

Thanks!

geoffstewart

Post by geoffstewart » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:04 pm

cfarence wrote:I've been running into an issue for a about 2 weeks now. Just haven't had the time to make a post about it. The guide importer is running in the following error "The given key was not present in the dictionary". I'm not exactly sure what is going on, it was working fine for weeks and then all of a sudden it can't complete the import. It will run about 68% until it stops and runs into this error and exits. It always happens on this particular channel Fox Sports I think it was. I have tried telling it to skip that channel but it will just error on another one. It will import the first 67% of channels and it will show up in the guide, its just once it runs into this error it no longer works.

I was wondering if anyone has been running into a similar problem. I can post whatever logs are needed to help diagnose the problem. I don't know if schedules direct is return malformed json or what.
Hi there,

I get that when the channel is no longer there... I end up removing the channel and move on... there's a bug in there, but I'm not sure what's happening.... I think perhaps it's that the channels to keep in the config file has a channel that is no longer there?