Digital Devices Cine S2 with Octopus Twin CI - support pleas

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
Birger

Digital Devices Cine S2 with Octopus Twin CI - support pleas

Post by Birger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Because there was written in the WIKI that Digital Devices cards were supported with CAM, I bought the combo with two Cine S2 cards and the Octopus twin Common Interface.

http://shop.digital-devices.de/epages/6 ... cts/191017

However I am able to tune on non encrypted channels, but when I want to record a channel that is encrypted (I have the TV-Vlaanderen official CAM with the official smartcard plugged in, he gives me the warning "The recording could not be started: ProgramIsScrambled"

I thought it was supported ??

PS, I did enable the CI in the Digital Devices Configuration...

Kay Diefenthal

Re: Digital Devices Cine S2 with Octopus Twin CI - support p

Post by Kay Diefenthal » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm

and has you set the CamLimit to 1

rantzauer

Post by rantzauer » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello Birger

I have the same card, and it is working fine here. Have you configured the card reader in the digital devices configuration program? Mine is a couple of years old and it can only descrample one of my tuners at a time, so try to set it to descrample tuner 1, and then in Argus try disabling the other cards so only tuner 1 is active, and then see if tuner 1 works. If it does you can try enable more tuners to see if it is able to descramble more tuners.

I have the scrambled channels on 1 tuner, and the free channels on my other 3. And this have been enough for me so far, so haven't invested in another card reader.

Best regards
Rantzauer

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:31 pm

We should maybe update the Wiki if Birger tells us it is working?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Birger

Post by Birger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Kay Diefenthal wrote:and has you set the CamLimit to 1
Yes Kay, I did set the CamLimit to 1...

Birger

Post by Birger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:57 pm

rantzauer wrote: Have you configured the card reader in the digital devices configuration program? Rantzauer
Yes I did.
rantzauer wrote:
Mine is a couple of years old and it can only descrample one of my tuners at a time, so try to set it to descrample tuner 1, and then in Argus try disabling the other cards so only tuner 1 is active, and then see if tuner 1 works. If it does you can try enable more tuners to see if it is able to descramble more tuners.
So I tried, I disabled all tuners, I did put in the CAM and the smartcard in 1 slot, and in the configuration program of Digital Devices, I did check the checkmark to use on tuner 1 (the only one active) the CAM.

Again in the config program, I tested to see if I could see the card and CAM info and this was OK.

But when tuning in Argus via the "Status" link, I only get the non encrypted channels to record, still the same problem with the pay channels (I paid for).

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:27 pm

Birger wrote:But when tuning in Argus via the "Status" link, I only get the non encrypted channels to record, still the same problem with the pay channels (I paid for).
Just a silly question from my blond side: did you check also from Scheduler / Live TV link?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

Birger

Post by Birger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Christoph21x wrote: Just a silly question from my blond side: did you check also from Scheduler / Live TV link?
I don't see how this could influence the fact that everything works on the non encrypted channels.
I didn't even come to this, I just did the ARGUS TV Recorder Console and there I tested the tuners using the "Status" Link (as was described in the manuals) ...

Birger

Post by Birger » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:13 pm

I did try it, but I am also trying to understand why I do things :-)
Any input is welcome!

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 pm

One more idea: did you compare tuning parameters / details?