"No card found to record program"

The built-in ARGUS TV recorder for digital TV
mate

"No card found to record program"

Post by mate » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Since I'm having trouble with using MediaPortal TV server for recording, I tried switching to Argus recorder, but it does not work at all.

I haved linked Channel and Service, and still in Scheduler console I'm getting "No card found to record program".

I have stopped and inactivated the MediaPortal TVService, and rebooted, to no avail. Do I have to uninstall MediaPortal?
Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T
Windows Home Server
EPG grabbed from DVB-T

PD

Re: "No card found to record program"

Post by PD » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:00 pm

In the ARGUS TV Scheduler console, have you setup ARGUS as the recorder ;)
sshot-4.png
sshot-4.png (94.94 KiB) Viewed 15127 times
Ray
Paranoid Delusion
Team-MediaPortal

mate

Post by mate » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:04 pm

PD wrote:In the ARGUS TV Scheduler console, have you setup ARGUS as the recorder ;)
Yes, that is what I meant with "switching to Argus recorder".

Edit: It also answers to Ping and Test Shares is OK.
Windows Home Server
EPG grabbed from DVB-T

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi mate. We need some information about your setup and what you've done so far.

What cards do you have?
How do you collect your EPG data?
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

mate

Post by mate » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:35 pm

andrewNZ wrote:Hi mate. We need some information about your setup and what you've done so far.

What cards do you have?
How do you collect your EPG data?
I have a Hauppauge WinTV 88x collecting EPG data from DVB-T. Possibly the EPG data that was there, was grabbed before switching from MediaPortal recorder to Argus recorder. After uninstalling MediaPortal altogether, it seems to be working, but I need to test some more.

Are there any logs that could be helpful...?
Windows Home Server
EPG grabbed from DVB-T

andrewNZ

Post by andrewNZ » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:42 pm

It sounds like the "Service" for the MediaPortal TV Server could have still been running.
You can fix it, or you can fix it until it's broken. I usually choose the latter.

Server: WHS 2011. Hauppauge HVR 2200. Avermedia A835. ArgusTV Server. EPG Collector.
Clients: Win7 64bit. MediaPortal. ArgusTV Client. StreamedMP.

mate

Post by mate » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:04 pm

andrewNZ wrote:It sounds like the "Service" for the MediaPortal TV Server could have still been running.
From my perspective the problem is solved, but in case it can help someone else:
I had tried manually stopping "TVService", then turning it to Manual and reboot without starting and then turning it to Disabled and rebooted. Same problem in all cases. Maybe there are other MediaPortal components interfering...?
Windows Home Server
EPG grabbed from DVB-T

Christoph21x

Post by Christoph21x » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:53 am

mate wrote: From my perspective the problem is solved, but in case it can help someone else:
I had tried manually stopping "TVService", then turning it to Manual and reboot without starting and then turning it to Disabled and rebooted. Same problem in all cases. Maybe there are other MediaPortal components interfering...?
Problem solved but still persists? Or does your Argus TV Recorder now finds the cards?
"One must still have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." (F. Nietzsche)

mate

Post by mate » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 pm

Christoph21x wrote:Problem solved but still persists? Or does your Argus TV Recorder now finds the cards?
After uninstalling MediaPortal TV server it works, and I believe I can live without MediaPortal on that machine, so therefore it's solved for me.

No solution while having MediaPortal installed however.
Windows Home Server
EPG grabbed from DVB-T

Sjakko

Post by Sjakko » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 am

Just disabling cards in TV Server or stopping the service would have been enough if TVService had the cards in use. Also if that was the case I'd expect a "Fatal" error on tuning with ARGUS Recorder. Was the error "No card found to record program" at tuning or were there yellow icons on all Upcoming Recordings?
ARGUS TV + Recorder, 4 x FloppyDTV DVB-C, Smargo Smartreader Plus, MDAPI Plus, ACamd, OSCam, Win7 x64.